A Few Bucks From Last Week

davidhelmly

5 year old buck +
Here are a few pics I saved from my card pull last weekend, I love the pic with the fawn following the buck!! It always amazes me how at this time of years how much farther along some bucks are as opposed to others, I've always thought that the sooner a buck sheds his horns in the spring the sooner he starts growing his new rack back, but that's pure speculation on my part.5MTC0067.JPG5MTC0100.JPG5MTC0110.JPG5MTC0203.JPG5MTC0427.JPG5MTC0461.JPG5MTC0558.JPG5MTC0587.JPG

Great deer. What are you feeding them?

You are going to have some bruisers!! I really like the 10 pointer that is going to be so tall.

Question: Do coons get up in feeders like that or is there a way to keep them out?

Not only coons - what about hogs, also?

You are going to have some bruisers!! I really like the 10 pointer that is going to be so tall.

Question: Do coons get up in feeders like that or is there a way to keep them out?
Thanks, I'm pretty excited about all of them but I just love velvet bucks!!
Yes coons can be bad news, we use to have quite a problem with them but we trapped them hard for 2 years and photos of them have dropped 95%.

Not only coons - what about hogs, also?
Thank goodness we do not have hogs... yet. I've had this lease for 12 years and have had 2-3 hog pictures in that time and they were passing thru.