8 days of rain forecasted - guess what I did.

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +

And got the cover to go with it:

Love the Partridge Pea

Nice looking Big Blue you have there!

Nice looking Big Blue you have there!

Thanks. I love the Big Blue. It has some Indian Grass in it too, but it hasn't bolted yet. That's the only thing I don't like about Indian - so late in the season before it makes tall cover.

Thanks. I love the Big Blue. It has some Indian Grass in it too, but it hasn't bolted yet. That's the only thing I don't like about Indian - so late in the season before it makes tall cover.
Yea I really like it too, checked mine this last week and could hardly find any Indian grass but the Big Blue has really taken off.

Looks good!

Yea I really like it too, checked mine this last week and could hardly find any Indian grass but the Big Blue has really taken off.

You will see the Indian soon. Mine is about waist high until it bolts and then it would hide an Elk. Here is a pic from last year where it came up in the Partridge Pea.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out again later. I'm prepping a couple more acres right now for native grasses, hopefully they look like yours do. How old are these plantings?

Thanks, I'll have to check it out again later. I'm prepping a couple more acres right now for native grasses, hopefully they look like yours do. How old are these plantings?

They are 5 years old now. Good luck on your planting.