780 pound Waupaca county black bear

not bad, 829 pounder shot in NJ a year or two ago, that was a fat bear.

That's one big bear.

Holy crap! I don't think I have heard of one over 450 in our area. Looks like there is a bit more ag land in that area though.

When I moved to the farm we are on now in the early 90's, a neighbor shot a 650lb bear. I thought that was huge........:eek:

My neighbor shot a 602 pounder this morning. My ole man's 550 pounder was aged at 6 and my 400 was aged at 4.
I'm guessing a 600 must be around 8. Don't have a clue what a 780 would be. You would think they would start going down hill around 8 years.
Bears have it perfect in our area, they get all the benefits from the abundant food in central wi, and don't have to deal with winter. Its also a hard place to hunt them because all the food.

My neighbor shot a 602 pounder this morning. My ole man's 550 pounder was aged at 6 and my 400 was aged at 4.
I'm guessing a 600 must be around 8. Don't have a clue what a 780 would be. You would think they would start going down hill around 8 years.
Bears have it perfect in our area, they get all the benefits from the abundant food in central wi, and don't have to deal with winter. Its also a hard place to hunt them because all the food.

Bear are like pigs, they will keep on growing all their life. With that said they come in all shapes and sizes. They can live to be 20 years old with a few documented bear living into their mid 20's. Although the bear you mentioned were heavy weights I wonder how their skulls scored as this is a better indicator of age and maturity. Farmland bear do put weight on a lot faster than Northwoods bear.

My ole mans 6 year old sneezed into the all time b&c by and 1/8". My 4 year old made p&y easy, but not near b&c.
My neighbors and the 780 will breeze into b&c.