$70.00 cam

Cheap/great quality in my opinion for $70 shipped is the Browning HD Max Dark Ops cam - on there website under the 'Sale' menu. I just added more of those to my camera collection.

I have had problems with the dark ops and spec ops produced in the last 2 years. They used to be all I run, but I will be switching to GardePro for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJN
I have had problems with the dark ops and spec ops produced in the last 2 years. They used to be all I run, but I will be switching to GardePro for a while.

These are 2020 models and i’ve been running 8 of these the last 3 years with no issues as a fyi.

These are 2020 models and i’ve been running 8 of these the last 3 years with no issues as a fyi.

I had zero problems with the 2017-2020 maybe even 2021. I was up to 12 of them.

All of my newer ones, though, are lemons. IR flash range is horrible, videos set to 15 seconds often times recording only 1 or 2. Randomly acting like the power is off with the power button still set to on.
Not as many problems with lithium batteries, but I can’t afford those anymore. It seems like a voltage issue, because I won’t have any problems with fresh batteries. But, when the batteries get to 60% or so, the issues start.

I had zero problems with the 2017-2020 maybe even 2021. I was up to 12 of them.

All of my newer ones, though, are lemons. IR flash range is horrible, videos set to 15 seconds often times recording only 1 or 2. Randomly acting like the power is off with the power button still set to on.
Not as many problems with lithium batteries, but I can’t afford those anymore. It seems like a voltage issue, because I won’t have any problems with fresh batteries. But, when the batteries get to 60% or so, the issues start.

Ike, I have similar experiences with Browning. Due to the high cost of AA lithium, I tried using alkaline batteries in them. That was pretty much a waste of time. Once the alkalines start to loose juice, night time vids quickly went from 20 seconds to about 1-3 seconds.
Litiums seem to be more affordable now. I’ve been getting them at Sams Club. I’ve also used “Voniko” brand from Amazon from with good results.
I’ve also set up a few with external batteries based on info I got from “Heard360”. Kind of expensive to begin with, but should last for several years.
Browning is now selling an external solar panel. I have one and it seems to work well.
Good luck !

Ike, I have similar experiences with Browning. Due to the high cost of AA lithium, I tried using alkaline batteries in them. That was pretty much a waste of time. Once the alkalines start to loose juice, night time vids quickly went from 20 seconds to about 1-3 seconds.
Litiums seem to be more affordable now. I’ve been getting them at Sams Club. I’ve also used “Voniko” brand from Amazon from with good results.
I’ve also set up a few with external batteries based on info I got from “Heard360”. Kind of expensive to begin with, but should last for several years.
Browning is now selling an external solar panel. I have one and it seems to work well.
Good luck !

Ya, the external batteries and solar panels work well, but I am putting cameras mostly on public land, and a solar panel or big battery is a sure fire way of getting a camera found and stolen.

I am considering just using the cameras I have now and as they die, not replacing them. If I do keep acquiring cameras to replace older ones, I’m going to give the GardePro a try. For the cost of even their nicest one at TrailCamPro, I can get two for the price of a Browning Spec Ops elite.

If anyone is looking to add a GardePro, Amazon has the E5S model available for $21.39 with free shipping (lighting deal plus coupon). Limit of one and the offer ends later tonight.

If anyone is looking to add a GardePro, Amazon has the E5S model available for $21.39 with free shipping (lighting deal plus coupon). Limit of one and the offer ends later tonight.
Showing up here as 39.99... how do you get the coupon? Thanks!

They are very good cameras !

Also can’t get this deal. $39.99 for me.

I had to hit redeem in a few places for it to take. Then go from the cart to checkout…then the new price shows up, once in checkout.

That same Amazon $21 deal on the GardePro E5S is happening today.

I tried it and it came down to $32 after hitting "redeem". Tried to enter the discount code at checkout and it still said $32?

I tried it and it came down to $32 after hitting "redeem". Tried to enter the discount code at checkout and it still said $32?
Below is the link to the listing that provided the $21.39 final price (not sure if it matters). It may have been an error (20% off $92.99) they since corrected.

Below is the link to the listing that provided the $21.39 final price (not sure if it matters). It may have been an error (20% off $92.99) they since corrected.
Thanks, that worked. Not sure why I couldn't find it.