$70.00 cam

Cheap/great quality in my opinion for $70 shipped is the Browning HD Max Dark Ops cam - on there website under the 'Sale' menu. I just added more of those to my camera collection.

I have had problems with the dark ops and spec ops produced in the last 2 years. They used to be all I run, but I will be switching to GardePro for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJN
I have had problems with the dark ops and spec ops produced in the last 2 years. They used to be all I run, but I will be switching to GardePro for a while.

These are 2020 models and i’ve been running 8 of these the last 3 years with no issues as a fyi.

These are 2020 models and i’ve been running 8 of these the last 3 years with no issues as a fyi.

I had zero problems with the 2017-2020 maybe even 2021. I was up to 12 of them.

All of my newer ones, though, are lemons. IR flash range is horrible, videos set to 15 seconds often times recording only 1 or 2. Randomly acting like the power is off with the power button still set to on.
Not as many problems with lithium batteries, but I can’t afford those anymore. It seems like a voltage issue, because I won’t have any problems with fresh batteries. But, when the batteries get to 60% or so, the issues start.

I had zero problems with the 2017-2020 maybe even 2021. I was up to 12 of them.

All of my newer ones, though, are lemons. IR flash range is horrible, videos set to 15 seconds often times recording only 1 or 2. Randomly acting like the power is off with the power button still set to on.
Not as many problems with lithium batteries, but I can’t afford those anymore. It seems like a voltage issue, because I won’t have any problems with fresh batteries. But, when the batteries get to 60% or so, the issues start.

Ike, I have similar experiences with Browning. Due to the high cost of AA lithium, I tried using alkaline batteries in them. That was pretty much a waste of time. Once the alkalines start to loose juice, night time vids quickly went from 20 seconds to about 1-3 seconds.
Litiums seem to be more affordable now. I’ve been getting them at Sams Club. I’ve also used “Voniko” brand from Amazon from with good results.
I’ve also set up a few with external batteries based on info I got from “Heard360”. Kind of expensive to begin with, but should last for several years.
Browning is now selling an external solar panel. I have one and it seems to work well.
Good luck !

Ike, I have similar experiences with Browning. Due to the high cost of AA lithium, I tried using alkaline batteries in them. That was pretty much a waste of time. Once the alkalines start to loose juice, night time vids quickly went from 20 seconds to about 1-3 seconds.
Litiums seem to be more affordable now. I’ve been getting them at Sams Club. I’ve also used “Voniko” brand from Amazon from with good results.
I’ve also set up a few with external batteries based on info I got from “Heard360”. Kind of expensive to begin with, but should last for several years.
Browning is now selling an external solar panel. I have one and it seems to work well.
Good luck !

Ya, the external batteries and solar panels work well, but I am putting cameras mostly on public land, and a solar panel or big battery is a sure fire way of getting a camera found and stolen.

I am considering just using the cameras I have now and as they die, not replacing them. If I do keep acquiring cameras to replace older ones, I’m going to give the GardePro a try. For the cost of even their nicest one at TrailCamPro, I can get two for the price of a Browning Spec Ops elite.