2024 Scion Exchange

What is late? Where/what zone?

I’m in zone 7 and the tree was mostly full and unripe on November 15th. Dropping from then through mid December here

Long shot but does anyone have any evercrisp scion?

Anyone have any deer magnet persimmon scion?

Seems the exchange had more activity last year. Not as many folks putting trees up this year?

It has progressively gotten less activity every year since it started. There are a lot more places for scion out there now and I think most of us who were doing a lot of the trading have a lot of trees we were looking for. The other issue is many of us are running out of places to put new trees😄.

I have definitely ran out of places. And the one club scion I was looking for I found a local source 😃

It has progressively gotten less activity every year since it started. There are a lot more places for scion out there now and I think most of us who were doing a lot of the trading have a lot of trees we were looking for. The other issue is many of us are running out of places to put new trees.

As a newcomer trying to get stuff in the ground while I’m still relatively young and before my kids start hunting, I’m super thankful it still happens!

Happy to pass it forward. I remember how hard it was to get certain varieties when this started. I went 2-3 years where I wanted a Kerr tree in a bad way or scion and it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Pretty easy to find Kerr trees or scion now, good time to be starting a wildlife orchard or started in the grafting addiction.

Just got my Grin order yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise to receive a UPS box from Geneva, NY. I ordered after the deadline and didn’t expect it but they came through with a bunch of goodies.

I am going to try and prune next weekend. Warm temps and rain should have the snow pack knocked down significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have definitely ran out of places. And the one club scion I was looking for I found a local source 😃
Going to be happy with what I got past next year, start making franken trees, or widdle down the backpard foodplot to make room. I am making a food plot seeder this spring and building a spray hood for it, so I can foodplot near apple trees and not worry about over spray. Trees bordering plot are smaller M7's so the roots don't wander as far.

Just drove past this tree pulled in visited with property owner zone 6B he said green hard apples south central Mo 30 min to Springfield guys last name Propst cut some scion going to graft a couple any takers for scion I’ll ship it. Likely CAR resistant.
IMG_0939.jpeg

Just drove past this tree pulled in visited with property owner zone 6B he said green hard apples south central Mo 30 min to Springfield guys last name Propst cut some scion going to graft a couple any takers for scion I’ll ship it. Likely CAR resistant.
View attachment 62075
I will take a stick, im about an hour from Springfield, anything here has to be CAR resistant. Great find!

Here's what I'm looking for

Akane
Ananas Reinette
Blenheim Orange
Burgundy
Candy Crab
Cornish Aromatic
Dolgo
Eden Crab
Ginger Gold
Grey Pearmain
Hawaii
Hunt Russet
Karmijn de Sonnaville
Norkent
Old Nonpareil
Reine de Reinettes
September Ruby
Spartan
Sunset
Suntan

Here's what I can offer for trade (some very limited)

Zestar
Chestnut Crab
Frostbite
Sweet Sixteen
Zabergau Reinette
Honey Gold
Northern Spy
Pipsqueak
Ashmeads Kernel
Trailman Crab
Opalescent
Windham Russet
Westfield Seek No Further
Canadian Strawberry
Tolman Sweet
Blue Pearmain
Starkey
Baldwin
Holstein
Keepsake
Golden Russet
Black Oxford
Connell Red
Newtown Pippin

Mount Royal
Golden Gage (St. Lawrence)
La Crescent
Black Ice
Superior

Here's what I'm looking for

Akane
Ananas Reinette
Blenheim Orange
Burgundy
Candy Crab
Cornish Aromatic
Dolgo
Eden Crab
Ginger Gold
Grey Pearmain
Hawaii
Hunt Russet
Karmijn de Sonnaville
Norkent
Old Nonpareil
Reine de Reinettes
September Ruby
Spartan
Sunset
Suntan

Here's what I can offer for trade (some very limited)

Zestar
Chestnut Crab
Frostbite
Sweet Sixteen
Zabergau Reinette
Honey Gold
Northern Spy
Pipsqueak
Ashmeads Kernel
Trailman Crab
Opalescent
Windham Russet
Westfield Seek No Further
Canadian Strawberry
Tolman Sweet
Blue Pearmain
Starkey
Baldwin
Holstein
Keepsake
Golden Russet
Black Oxford
Connell Red
Newtown Pippin

Mount Royal
Golden Gage (St. Lawrence)
La Crescent
Black Ice
Superior

I should be able to grab you some spartan and dolgo. Pruning on Saturday stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyEd, IF you got a twig or two of hewe's and/or dolgo I'd take some. Thinking that might be a good one for camp.

roth2000, IS your Northenr spy mature? I am doing an experiment with letting a M111 grow to maturity. It's 3/4s northern spy 1/4 malling 2. Any disease issues. Also, when it's it ripe and when does it drop? Not sure If I am spraying for cedar apple rust, but I do spray for bugs.

CrazyEd, IF you got a twig or two of hewe's and/or dolgo I'd take some. Thinking that might be a good one for camp.

roth2000, IS your Northenr spy mature? I am doing an experiment with letting a M111 grow to maturity. It's 3/4s northern spy 1/4 malling 2. Any disease issues. Also, when it's it ripe and when does it drop? Not sure If I am spraying for cedar apple rust, but I do spray for bugs.
My Northern Spy is a grafted branch about 4' long that set a couple fruit last year that did not make it to maturity, its definitely living up to its reputation of taking time to fruit. No disease issues so far and I didn't notice any CAR on it but the Newtown Pippin on the same tree was covered.

still searching for a couple minn 1734 scions if anyone has any

I have several apple varieties, but I don't have any of those that people have posted so far that they are looking for.

If anyone wants to trade some of their Johantorp pear scions for some apple scions, send me a private message letting me know what apple variety you are interested in receiving. I will then check my tree. With the severe drought we had this past summer, posting a list of the varieties I have would be longer than the list of scions I would actually have available. The new growth on some of my trees died back, so I have to go check the particular tree before confirming availability.

Most of my trees have been pruned. Scions should be going out tomorrow.

anyone have a stick of prairie spy