2022 Fall seed prices

$19.95 per 50# of rye grain at the local farm supply store today.

Just paid $30/bushel for winter rye and $4/lb for medium red clover in Central Wisconsin. Same place last year was $21.60/bushel WR and $3/lb MRC.

Just paid $30/bushel for winter rye and $4/lb for medium red clover in Central Wisconsin. Same place last year was $21.60/bushel WR and $3/lb MRC.
Ouch that's high.

Where was that?

40 lbs of WR was about $20 at Deer creek seed. I see it’s out of stock now. Glad I got 3 bags when I did months ago. I hate paying $30+ at the local coop.

$28 for 56 pounds of winter rye
$5 per pound of ladino clover

Where was that?

40 lbs of WR was about $20 at Deer creek seed. I see it’s out of stock now. Glad I got 3 bags when I did months ago. I hate paying $30+ at the local coop.
Hohl's on 33 west of 90. Convenient for me as they are open Saturdays which my local coop is not.

I bought 6 bags of rye yesterday at Parker Seed (Formerly Ray's) in Norway, MI. $22/50# but it was cleaned and certified so hopefully I won't get any free Pigweed seed mixed in with it this year.

Paid $26/100# last year at another dealer in WI but it was filthy and I am sure I picked up some weeds with it.

IMG_9057.jpg

I was looking at Atwoods farm store yesterday and they were selling several buck on the bag seeds and they were tested in 2020 and early 2021.

I was looking at Atwoods farm store yesterday and they were selling several buck on the bag seeds and they were tested in 2020 and early 2021.
I scour Walmarts and Tractor supplys and similar places after the season for discount leftover seed and I swear they all do this now. They just throw it back in the warehouse and put it back out for sale at full price the following year.

I try to forget what I pay for some of this, but seems like SE Wisconsin I paid $22 for a 50# bag of WR at my local co-op. Fertilizer was all over the board 25-30$ for what I needed per 50# - same co-op. I did go with some of the vitalize seed ($66.50/25lb bag) this year in a few plots which honestly does look fantastic in plots with good PH.. Looks like a waste in my plots that have less than 6.5 ph. Guess my WR will need to fix that.

WR 28$ 50# bag
WW 14$ 50# bag
PTT 4.99/#
DER 4.99/#
Diakon Radish 3.99/#

Western KY local SS farm store

Winter rye $17.99/50 lbs at Pulaski Warehouse

Variety: Hazlet
Germination 85% tested 7/22

Winter rye $17.99/50 lbs at Pulaski Warehouse

Variety: Hazlet
Germination 85% tested 7/22
That's a damn good price for 2022 in WI

Found a deal on fertilizer today at a local discount store. 10 lb bags of lawn food 30-0-05 fertilizer marked down 90%. Bought all 20 for $24. By my calculation that's $6 per 50 lbs!

$22 for 56# of WR
$20 for 50# of WW
Tested in July of 2022
Wisconsin

I just went into the coop land chatted with the manager last week to see if they had any leftover WR from last year. He sold it to me for $12.50 a 50lb bag.
Germination rate will probably be 50% on year old rye

Germination rate will probably be 50% on year old rye
I get much better germination rates on year old WR. I'd estimate them to be close to 80%. Germination rates on old seed are often related to how it is stored.

I just left my seed dealer and turned down his offer of last yr's rye at a discount. Took this yr stuff. Forgot to ask price. Definitely needed since my intentional thin stand of brassicas turned out too thin. Shouldve germ checked the 4 yr old brassica seed more closely.

WR - $14 bu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$22 for 56# of WR
$20 for 50# of WW
Tested in July of 2022
Wisconsin
Where in Wi?

I paid $19.50 for 40 lbs of WR at Deer Creek Seed.