2013 PA Archery Buck

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
I had never seen this buck before the morning of November 9th, 2013....I slipped and arrow through the bottom of his heart shortly thereafter! A very solid 3 yr old 8 point with a broken G3.

Nice buck Phil! Especially with archery equipment. Do your bucks typically have the stubby brow tines? That is very similar to the way most bucks are in our area.

Nice buck Phil! Especially with archery equipment. Do your bucks typically have the stubby brow tines? That is very similar to the way most bucks are in our area.

thanks! My best buck to date, and the first buck taken on the property since improvements began 6 yrs ago....the plan seems to be coming together! We have some weird brow tines in the area. A while back there were quite a few with gnarly split brows or with lots of blading and stickers etc. then for a few years there were a lot of no brow or one brow tined bucks! lately it seems that most have solid brows. this guy was a total stranger and no doubt on a love struck walk about.

Really cool about the brow tines changing within your local area, I have never witnessed anything similar in our area. Brow tines have been unchanged for the 35+years I have been hunting in our zone and they are very similar to the brows on your buck. Many bucks in our area that just miss the book are shorter than normal in the brow tine department, and would make the book if they had even slightly above average brows. If they had brows like you see on some of these IA and IL bucks they would easily make book.

Nice buck!

Great buck, especially with a bow hunting on only 10 acres!!!

Really cool about the brow tines changing within your local area, I have never witnessed anything similar in our area. Brow tines have been unchanged for the 35+years I have been hunting in our zone and they are very similar to the brows on your buck. Many bucks in our area that just miss the book are shorter than normal in the brow tine department, and would make the book if they had even slightly above average brows. If they had brows like you see on some of these IA and IL bucks they would easily make book.

here are a couple of the no brow/one brows that were around for a few years.

That is very interesting and weird. Ours almost always have 2 unless one(or both) is snapped off from sparing.

Great buck, especially with a bow hunting on only 10 acres!!!
thanks! i have other land to hunt....its just not land i can do work on....that being said i still focus most of my effort on my 10 acres of heaven!

Nice buck -- hard work does payoff