2013 Michigan buck

Kansas-andres

5 year old buck +
1899303_312722442208453_1841903880_o.jpeg

Southern Michigan buck. I knew the travel corridor this buck was using. Set up on him and saw him on the first hunt but he was to far for a bow shot. I repositioned my stand for my second hunt. 25 minutes into my second hunt for him, I sailed an arrow through him.

I aged him at 6.5 by looking at the tooth wear. My Dad and I came up with a rough score of 168 inches.

Last edited:
That's a dandy buck. I also like the posture your picked for your mount. Man is he wide!

Stud deer, awesome looking mount!

He's staring right at me!

Nice deer and nice mount.

Is that an Oakland County buck? My parents used to live in Novi....saw some real subdivision slammers around there.

Great deer.

Is that an Oakland County buck? My parents used to live in Novi....saw some real subdivision slammers around there.

Phil, Yes Oakland county. shot him in Wixom. I grew up in Novi !! some of the biggest deer I've seen in my life were in and around Novi. What subdivision did they live in? we may have been Neighbors.

Phil, Yes Oakland county. shot him in Wixom. I grew up in Novi !! some of the biggest deer I've seen in my life were in and around Novi. What subdivision did they live in? we may have been Neighbors.
I dont remember the name of the subdivision, but it was a shaped like a half cirlce with 2 or 3 concentric streets. It wasnt all complete when they lived there, they were still building homes in it. This would have been about 2002-2004. I think the street was Emerson. It was off of Novi Road, just south of 13 mile road, and north of 12.5 mile road.

I spent two winter breaks there when i was in college, and i was there most of the winter of 2002/3 after college and before my job started up in the spring of 2003. I saw quite a few good bucks in that general area.

What a brute! I have yet to go with a full sneak mount, I like that one ... ;)

Last edited:
Absolute Hawg KA ! Mount turned out awesome !

Great buck! Congrats, the southern counties always seem to have some brutes.

A 6.5 Michigan buck is about the oldest I've seen taken. Great job!

Nice, really nice.

Real nice buck! One of the largest bucks I saw was on a bow hunt in Cass county MI.