All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15 Round Title Match

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
Normally the buck fight pics I get are just bucks posing and tickle fighting.
Had this small pair of bucks really trying to prove something. They started pushing around at 4:17 am and went at it for over an hour, had 100+ pics of them going out one side of view -back through and out the other...went on for well over an hour!

When I pulled the card I thought turkeys had scratched the area up the way the ground looked.

I'll show you the quick version of pics;

zVf1x6g.jpg

Nmrsp2d.jpg

JH3LwPS.jpg

eiErGQb.jpg

qUlDayi.jpg

Q4OIWgG.jpg

zxVKbMJ.jpg

0yXTE51.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently the referee was to early for fight night.

6y996qV.jpg

cQuIVUZ.jpg

Seems like the next night he kept the boys under control......

gb7cgtx.jpg

I want to see the one that broke Dads brow tine off!

Nice referee!
I've only ever witnessed a pair of mature bucks fighting once in my life while on stand. They were not joking around. I thought for sure someone was going to die.

Nice pix and story. Rare to capture a fight on film. The ref looks real nice.

I HEARD a serious fight one night in a very remote area while bow hunting. I think one gored the other - I heard a thump and a sound like all the air got knocked out of the one. Then one ran off in high gear and the winner chased it for some distance. After about 5 minutes, the winner came back stomping it's feet and grunting very loudly. It sounded much like " Anybody else want to mess with me ?? "

This all happened after dark while I was up ( safely ) in a tree stand. I was up there at dark because deer were moving in all around me and I didn't want to spook them. When this fight broke out - I stayed up there for a good long time until all the deer moved away into some food plots. Wasn't feeling like being a pin cushion for any buck antlers !!

I witnessed two mature bucks fighting back in the timber 5 or so years ago... it was inside about 8-14ft Popple cutting... I heard them and then it was like straight out of a movie... the trees were parting and getting snapped down as if a dinosaur walking through it. Then they came out locked Horns and all. One of the coolest things I have ever witnessed in a deer woods. Can totally see how they would fight to the death.

I get pictures of bucks fighting every year. One year there was snow on the ground when I checked my camera and there was a good amount of blood in the snow in the tore up area. I checked my card and it was two mature bucks going at it for a good long time.

Steve B once said a lot more mature deer die in the winter from fighting wounds then people realize. Having seen a fight like I did and as you guys describe I believe it.

what a great set of pics to have, I wish I could witness or get pics like this sometime

Maybe one of these days I will witness something like that. What an exciting set of pictures!

Here's a little fight sequence between a young fork horn and "Big 8" whom I believe to be 3.5 Not sure what happened but that younger buck was all I saw afterwards and I have yet to see Big 8 on camera since this! IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0179.JPG