All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15 degrees this morning

I was up-state on Wednesday and the buds on some trees at camp were just starting to show a little green. Trees all looked good though. Rootstocks I grew out and planted last fall are loaded with new buds. They should start branching this spring. Gonna make some limb spreaders - some limbs need to get " the angle " !!

Down to 19 degrees here this morning.

17 here. Nothing is showing signs of life yet so no harm.

Looks like it is going to go to about 20 next Sunday and Monday 10 days from now. I sure hope they are wrong and that my trees don't make a lot of progress this week if it will be that cold because it will really set me back if it does

Here in Zone 6A some of my crabs are leafing out.
Here's a Chestnut Crab.
3-27-16%20033_zpstmbabzu5.jpg

Dolgo Crab
3-27-16%20002_zpsjwxqd44h.jpg

Centurion Crab
3-27-16%20005_zpsn3oh7a3s.jpg

But my Viola Crab is still dormant.
3-27-16%20025_zps0slibsgj.jpg

I just read it is supposed to get very cold here in the NE next weekend. Maybe down to 15 at night.

That must be a trait of the viola crab. I thought mine was dead last year it leafed out so much later than everything else. Might be just the tree I need for my area.

Yes warm here, supposed to reach 60 weds then lows of 20 throughout next weekend with a high of 28 Sunday, yeesh!