Apples,apples and more apples

Thank you everybody. The cancer thing does its own thing and for now we don’t know it’s been a long long process and hopefully it goes on and on but not the trees will grow on as much as possible. My attention for the next For the get the apples ready for plantings. The doctors look at me as some kind of crazy person adding more and more apple trees or maybe they don’t. So tomorrow more and more Will work on prepping getting ready foregathering Getting ready for the great planting season to come in a month or so.

Thank you everybody. The cancer thing does its own thing and for now we don’t know it’s been a long long process and hopefully it goes on and on but not the trees will grow on as much as possible. My attention for the next For the get the apples ready for plantings. The doctors look at me as some kind of crazy person adding more and more apple trees or maybe they don’t. So tomorrow more and more Will work on prepping getting ready foregathering Getting ready for the great planting season to come in a month or so.

“A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.”

I’ve been improving the walnut and oak timber on my place and it’s highly doubtful I’ll see them hit the mill…they’ll be for my kids and grandkids to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were able to pick up a great slower new sticks to get that tree we going again in May take two years in total before you can get enough going forward again but it would be a great great trade at all develop a lot of late Apple trees for probably next year.

Attachments

• 78761A14-7036-41BC-8F63-D3098D56F253.jpeg
    78761A14-7036-41BC-8F63-D3098D56F253.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 35
We were able to pick up a great slower new sticks to get that tree we going again in May take two years in total before you can get enough going forward again but it would be a great great trade at all develop a lot of late Apple trees for probably next year.

It’s exciting finding new varieties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding new trees is always fun but it has most importantly it is making more of the right trees with trees being the ones that we want to feed the deer the most during the period that we want the deer to be safer on our property. We want to give us the largest amount of deer during the peak periods of the rock in all the way through winter to try to get the deer to the ages that we want them to get. We need to find one and use the greatest trees of figure. . We plan to copy are planting has natural planting versus copying single apple trees in other words I plan to plant 3 to 5 trees within each grouping in one group as is what is happening or has happened in our natural trees. The trees will be added into the centers of the properties to keep the properties.. things are going slowly but coming along. Additionally plan to keep trees starting at 5 to 6 foot tall before any branching whatsoever.

Adding new trees is always fun but it has most importantly it is making more of the right trees with trees being the ones that we want to feed the deer the most during the period that we want the deer to be safer on our property. We want to give us the largest amount of deer during the peak periods of the rock in all the way through winter to try to get the deer to the ages that we want them to get. We need to find one and use the greatest trees of figure. . We plan to copy are planting has natural planting versus copying single apple trees in other words I plan to plant 3 to 5 trees within each grouping in one group as is what is happening or has happened in our natural trees. The trees will be added into the centers of the properties to keep the properties.. things are going slowly but coming along. Additionally plan to keep trees starting at 5 to 6 foot tall before any branching whatsoever.
Dave, your plans with the trees is just awesome, because it comes from your many years of experience as a hunter and land manager. It's easy to see that you understand both the needs of the deer and the deer hunter. This is one of my favorite threads, because it helps to get me excited and pumped up about the many things we should be doing to be better at what we do. Keep up the great work.

One thing that is highly important for rodent deterrent is the need for rocks around the hardware cloth that is at the base of the newly transferred trees. This is essential.

Dave -
I'm going to plant a couple of your trees in 3 weeks that Ryan at Blue Hill grafted from your scion wood. Ryan's nursery is right along my route to hunting camp, so I'll pick them up on the way. I can't wait to get them in the ground & caged. I wanted to let you know some of YOUR trees will be growing in the north-central PA. mountains at our hunting camp. Thank-you for locating & sharing such great trees with Ryan!!!!!