All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild pear rootstock

Mahindra3016

5 year old buck +
This tree was crowding another wild pear that I topworked, i decided to try growing some rootstock by cutting the tree off at about 8" from the ground. I cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket, and kept adding sawdust as the shoots would grow, hopefully when i remove the bucket i will have roots, if not oh well it was a cheap experiment. Stay tuned!
fe3dce1115f7b695d9469f660e1cac10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

There should be some roots there. That's how I raise apple trees in my stoolbed. Yes keep us informed.

I hope this works out for you I would be curious myself I tried to get a Warren pear to root like this with a low lying limb no luck. I’m wondering if apples are more likely to roots I’ve noticed some apples put roots out in mound layering easier too. Grimes golden did readily but Betsy deaton didn’t I’m hoping I can figure out what the deal is.

That would be just too convenient...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk