All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korean Giant Pear Seeds

Gray922

Yearling... With promise
Does anyone have any Korean Giant pear seeds that they would like to share or trade for scion? I am looking to grow out some pear seedlings in an effort to make some deer trees in the future. I am aware that they will not be true to the parent tree, I just want to experiment a bit. I have a bunch of known apple and pear scion that I could trade. Also interested if you have any wild pears that have good deer value.

I have grown Pyrus betulaefolia out to fruit, and you will see good results with a lot of 1'' plus-sized fruit. I may have some inside the cage, and the pollinators would have been Sweet Advent, Ayers, or Bartlett, as these are the closest trees.

Reactions: DJN
That sounds like a great combination to me, i would like to give those a go if you think you might have a few available