What's for dinner?

Lol, I don't know what roast it was. It was the biggest package of deer we had in the freezer and it was just labeled "deer roast". I had guessed it was a de-boned leg due to all the different muscle groups, but I didn't pay close enough attention to figure it out.
What's your brine recipe? I have a bunch of roasts and want to try making a pastrami or corned roast. That looks delicious!

And as for the marbling; he was a young buck in velvet. Maybe a 2.5yr old shot in Sept. Likely spent the entire summer bouncing between bean fields and clover.

What's your brine recipe? I have a bunch of roasts and want to try making a pastrami or corned roast. That looks delicious!
I always use Pink Salt #1 and Kosher salt in my brines. Unless it's a short brine then I like Mortons Tender Quick. All other seasonings vary from cook to cook. Garlic powder, All Spice, Pickling spice, bay leaves, mustard seeds, pepper corns, etc. Use google to come up with something.

Ingles had corned beef on clearance for $2.49#, so I did a corned beef flat this weekend. Pretty much same as last time but this time I sliced it and put it on some sourdough with swiss.

And washed it down with one of these.

Nothing really fancy but my wife loves quiche. I made one with bacon and sausage and another one with broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes - and of course plenty of cheese.IMG_2069.jpeg

74166ead6d95c0662c7f910210967fb7.jpg

Corned venison Reuben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon, what's the hot sauce?

Lol, I don't know what roast it was. It was the biggest package of deer we had in the freezer and it was just labeled "deer roast". I had guessed it was a de-boned leg due to all the different muscle groups, but I didn't pay close enough attention to figure it out.
Looks like a neck roast to me.

I’m going to do this same thing. Thanks for the idea, looks great!

Grabbed some foie gras and truffles on a layover in Paris a few weeks ago. Washed it all down with a half bottle of champagne. Very rich, only managed about a third of the small amount I bought.
IMG_2024-01-29-19-10-23-838.jpg

Dang right they are “rich.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the Astoria out in Oregon, neat town. Nothing cheap out there though. The Lewis and Clark sites out there are worth checking out if you have time.

Holy gamoli that looks good. Is that Astoria, Queens?
Astoria Oregon
Beautiful area, visited my brother this past week who lives in Portland. My daughter and youngest grandson came along, so we also went to Seattle and spent a bunch of time over the bridge in Vancouver…Portland isn’t what it used to be since Covid.

Was my daughter’s first time out there, was fun to watch her expressions as she saw some of that stuff for first time man made and nature.
She is all about the trendy yuppie coffee spots restaurants and shops. I’ve been out there a few times so it went pretty smooth. Traveling with a 20 month old was an adventure in itself.

IMG_6965.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

Dunges crab omelette in Seattle was fantastic
IMG_6966.jpeg

Holy cow! Looks awesome!

Great stuff! Took the family out there years ago while I was working in Seattle. All the boys remember is how cold it was in August by the sound and the fish throwing at the market.