What is going on in MN?

Shall we tally up which of these states that are going down the tubes is Democrat run and which are Republican run? Blue is proven failure.

Try to find people that will work around here. You won't.

Not sure where to get the numbers from other than talking with people from the St.Cloud and Foley area who have become the minorities in those areas. Go to St.Cloud someday and report back what you see with your own eyes. Heads up on the "old" Walmart on the East end of St.Cloud----It's been completely over run with Somali's. I know people that have gone to that store and have witnessed Somali people squatting and shitting in the store isles and then they go about their business like nothing happened. If you do go there out of curiosity you will definitely feel like you are in a foreign country and are not welcome. Usually people wind up there by mistake and will not go back to that store out of fear. Government did buy a bunch of land for the somali invasion a few years ago. I'm guessing it's similar to the southern boarder as far as the taxpayer expense to give these people free money and a drivers' license. The St.Cloud college has gone down the tubes also.

I'm familiar with st cloud. A large Somalian population and the government buying up land to give to the Somalis are two different things.

Not sure where to get the numbers from other than talking with people from the St.Cloud and Foley area who have become the minorities in those areas. Go to St.Cloud someday and report back what you see with your own eyes. Heads up on the "old" Walmart on the East end of St.Cloud----It's been completely over run with Somali's. I know people that have gone to that store and have witnessed Somali people squatting and shitting in the store isles and then they go about their business like nothing happened. If you do go there out of curiosity you will definitely feel like you are in a foreign country and are not welcome. Usually people wind up there by mistake and will not go back to that store out of fear. Government did buy a bunch of land for the somali invasion a few years ago. I'm guessing it's similar to the southern boarder as far as the taxpayer expense to give these people free money and a drivers' license. The St.Cloud college has gone down the tubes also.
My grandparents lived in st cloud. Well technically Waite park, but he tried to fight the invasion for years through city council meetings and other methods but it was pissing in the wind. Once grandma died he moved to my parents land in ky. He had been there his whole life and couldn’t deal with it anymore. He could hear the call to prayer every day from his house

I'm familiar with st cloud. A large Somalian population and the government buying up land to give to the Somalis are two different things.
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

When the government concentrates them all to a certain area through government handouts I think they become the same thing. jmho

A kid in my sons high school class was on scholarship playing football at St Cloud State when they pulled the football program. What a shocker that was as I'm pretty sure they were contender in DII a lot of the time.

I'm going to go against the grain of this thread so far and say that Minnesota is one of the best places to live in right now. Rather than talk about anecdotes, here is some data:

Looking at overall rankings, Minnesota is nearly always in the top 5 whether you are looking at self-reported data, or combined metrics from various indices (#1 or #4).

If you break it down, MN generally ranks very high (#4) for overall healthcare. Seventh best for infant mortality, eighth best for teen births, 21st best in obesity, and lowest in heart disease.

When it comes to the economy, we are 20th for annual GDP, 15th in unemployment, 9th best for return on federal tax dollars, 14th least % of federal funds towards state revenues, and we are better than most for having a balanced budget and a healthy rainy day fund.

I normally try to avoid talking politics online, especially on a habitat forum where the last thing I want to think about is politics, but there are some pretty terrible takes in this thread. People need to get outside their echo chambers and ask themselves if they would rather be right or have to acknowledge they live in a state that statistically is pretty kick ass.

Football and hockey are the main programs they have. Who's the genius that decided to stop programs that attract more students? Maybe the school makes more money through government handouts? That's just increasing the ever growing tax burden on the working class. The working class seems to be shrinking at an alarming rate.

I'm going to go against the grain of this thread so far and say that Minnesota is one of the best places to live in right now. Rather than talk about anecdotes, here is some data:

Looking at overall rankings, Minnesota is nearly always in the top 5 whether you are looking at self-reported data, or combined metrics from various indices (#1 or #4).

If you break it down, MN generally ranks very high (#4) for overall healthcare. Seventh best for infant mortality, eighth best for teen births, 21st best in obesity, and lowest in heart disease.

When it comes to the economy, we are 20th for annual GDP, 15th in unemployment, 9th best for return on federal tax dollars, 14th least % of federal funds towards state revenues, and we are better than most for having a balanced budget and a healthy rainy day fund.

I normally try to avoid talking politics online, especially on a habitat forum where the last thing I want to think about is politics, but there are some pretty terrible takes in this thread. People need to get outside their echo chambers and ask themselves if they would rather be right or have to acknowledge they live in a state that statistically is pretty kick ass.
Where do you live?

Come to Oklahoma, not so bad here, our governor will fight for our rights, but...
buddy of mine was in the middle of purchasing a convenience store here. Everything was going smoothly, until it didn't. Apparently, there's incentives for minorities to purchase businesses, with large cash and financing incentives offered up. He found out he couldn't qualify for any of the goodies that were given to the minority buyer, and, he lost the deal when they took it off the table in favor of the minority. According to him it was a federal, not a state deal. He was more than pissed. This is what our tax dollars are going to?

yeah, talking politics can get people out of their lanes, and forget to count their blessings, i agree. Glass can be half full or empty...its all good until it impacts you personally.

My main guy at work is now living on Native American reservation land after our dipshit governor gave the tribe another 61,000 acres a year or two ago. What are his options now? He's nervous he'll be forcibly bought out or have some other problems because of it. His land value went way down so if he does sell he'll lose his ass. He's been there for nearly 40 years.

I can really dislike a lot of the politics in this state and still agree that it is a good place to live. We've always been pretty good when it come to quality of life (affordability and job opportunities in particular), health care, education, etc.

I love Minnesota. I don’t love what’s happened to the cities. I grew up hanging out at my grandparents in the shadow of fort snelling and it was wonderful. So safe, we would walk to the park as kids and no one worried about us. I couldn’t imagine doing that now in that part of the city. My other grandfather has watched St. Cloud devolve into what it is today. Sure some of the negativity is hyperbole but a lot of reality. I suspect a lot of those stats are backwards looking. The “new” Minnesota is not what it once was. Obviously there are great areas but it’s going down a dangerous slope and that not political, that’s just common sense. I hope some of these radical ideologies are outvoted but unfortunately I don’t see this trend every reversing there.

If you don’t care about politics it’s not a bad place to live… but I do … high state taxes, unlimited abortion, gun control coming, giving away our land/lakes and state parks. Poorly managed for fish and wildlife, deer especially—the worst management in the Midwest.

The positives—It’s 6 months of great times on the lake, fall hunting is ok if you have quality private land ….the scenery is beautiful in parts of Minnesota, nice people. We have the Vikings, Twins, Wild. Definitely good healthcare. Nice restaurants/bars/breweries etc..

Minnesota just needs a political change—in my opinion. Otherwise for me, I’ll be a resident elsewhere and keep my lake home in Minnesota.

I live in St. Paul.
Ever go to Carbones on Randolph? That’s my death row meal. I’ve literally had it flown down to us for special occasions!

Never been there, but I've always heard about the outdoor beauty of Minnesota. When I was young, I idolized Fran Tarkenton so was a huge Vikings fan, but you can have them back now in the Cousins era!

Ever go to Carbones on Randolph? That’s my death row meal. I’ve literally had it flown down to us for special occasions!
Haha, not to that particular location. But I do get Carbones a few times a year. Probably my favorite pizza for in person. John's Pizza Cafe if it is delivered. My death row meal from the Cities would be Corner Bar wings in Joey style.