All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts?

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Saw this 8 point yesterday while hunting. It looked like a young deer to me. I got home and started looking at trailcam pics and now I am not so sure that it was the age I thought. I had it at 2 1/2 but looking at these pictures with the other 1 1/2 year buck in pic, it may be older.

It could be older. Then again he could be a big bodied 2 1/2 yr old or a runty 1 1/2 for comparison. More pictures would be helpful.

If he would be big enough to shoot, I'd shoot him. 2/3 if he isn't up to par, give him more time.
I had a property full of 80-120" deer last year. Could have waxed many, but passed them. This year big boy is around 160 and multiple bucks between 140-150. Rumors there are bigger ones in neighborhood.

My thought is, if you are second guessing if you should shoot him or not, I don't shoot. If he has the wow factor for age and or antler size you want.......Then Shoot!

My guess is 2.5!

My thought is, if you are second guessing if you should shoot him or not, I don't shoot. If he has the wow factor for age and or antler size you want.......Then Shoot!

My guess is 2.5!

Not second guessing for not shooting, just second guessing my aging, if that makes sense.

Not second guessing for not shooting, just second guessing my aging, if that makes sense.

No worry's TT, we are all guessing!

My guess is 2.5!
I have a few too many 120 class bucks because of my wow factor and making a quick shot. I've also been burned on not so wow factor bucks I should have shot. It's fun either way.
My guess is 2.5 on that buck tt.

I have never been disappointed with any deer I have shot. I have however regretted passing on bucks who I wasn't sure about.

3.5yo. It's rare to see a 2.5 yo with inside spread at or outside the ears. Too much mass for a 2.5yo as well.

I have a 1 1/2 yr old spike buck that is outside his ears! I call him "Tex". :D Maybe I will get a good trail cam picture of him in the near future. I would love to see what he will look like in about 3-4 years. He will have spread if nothing else.

2.5 with confidence :)

I'm not much at aging but I'd be 2.5 or 3