All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The learning process...requests for permission...thoughts?

Woodduck - Those people need to look in the mirror to see who's at fault at your place. It's a shame when you try to be neighborly to some folks and they take advantage. But you find that crap everywhere. People like that FORCE YOUR HAND - you have to " lock the doors " to the property then.

Woodduck - Those people need to look in the mirror to see who's at fault at your place. It's a shame when you try to be neighborly to some folks and they take advantage. But you find that crap everywhere. People like that FORCE YOUR HAND - you have to " lock the doors " to the property then.

You are right, this thread just goes to show these people are everywhere and we all deal with them in some way or another. Its a shame folks like everyone on this forum share a dream and a passion that some can not understand. Weather it be planting fruit or nut trees for wildlife, building and putting up wood duck or blue bird houses, planting food plots or native grasses, hinge cutting or TSI, ect. ect. We all love to hunt and some of us get more enjoyment out of improving habitat and helping wildlife than the hunt itself. Sometimes I feel like the bad guy and I have to tell myself that they are the ones who did this to themselves and that I'm only protecting the things I enjoy and have invested in. I have other neighbors that don't understand what I do and don't do things the way I do them and the easiest way to overcome that is to stay on our own sides of the fence and just go about things the way we wish. We still get together now and then and swap hunting stories but we just sort of keep our opinions to ourselves and enjoy the company.

Well I ran into 2 teenagers on 4-wheelers on Saturday ., had never seen them before. I rode right up in front of them and stopped.

The look on their face IMMEDIATELY told me that they KNEW they were not supposed to be there.

They were very polite which is good, so I was equally polite. They said "my grandpa told us those signs were probably just for insurance reasons this land has been open for years."

I educated them otherwise and asked if they could spread the word, that I understood the history but things have changed.

Later that day I had my neighbors wh have the adjoinig 60 acres over for some hot dogs and beer and asked them how long it took after they purchased for the "word" to really get out and when they stopped having problems. Answer: 3 years

Well I ran into 2 teenagers on 4-wheelers on Saturday ., had never seen them before. I rode right up in front of them and stopped.

The look on their face IMMEDIATELY told me that they KNEW they were not supposed to be there.

They were very polite which is good, so I was equally polite. They said "my grandpa told us those signs were probably just for insurance reasons this land has been open for years."

I educated them otherwise and asked if they could spread the word, that I understood the history but things have changed.

Later that day I had my neighbors wh have the adjoinig 60 acres over for some hot dogs and beer and asked them how long it took after they purchased for the "word" to really get out and when they stopped having problems. Answer: 3 years
I had this very same thing happen. very polite and understood. The week after that they were back and took off when they saw me. Then the next day stole a tree stand and a game camera. I had to put up a fence and that wasn't enough. Now there are many hinged trees in that area. I got no support from the police on this either for some reason. They questioned them and that was it. I had numerous pictures of them but it went nowhere. Just so you know it isn't over probably.

Nice work Patrolman! ;):D

Funny part of ALL these stories .......... these clowns probably think WE'RE the a$$ho!es. Shows how warped many folks are. No values.