Still Holding Antlers

I haven't seen an antler since the end of Jan. on my trail cams.

Guessing about 60% on / 40 % off now down my way in Florida. Up until this morning, the king of the mountain had been "Split Ear". Seemingly FULLY aware that hunting season has been done for weeks, I've been seeing him almost every single day from the house.

Got several good pics of him last week, and true to the pictures his coat is notably darker than all the other bucks around... that AND believe it or not, that's a touch of frost on the ground as it got down to right at 32 a few mornings this past week.

DSCN0658 (2).jpg

DSCN0580 (2).jpg

He looked a little different this morning though!

DSCN0788.JPG

And all of a sudden, another buck in the bachelor group seemed a tad bit cockier... though he still maintained a bit of distance from "Split Ear" :emoji_wink:

DSCN0792 (2).jpg

My dad and I took a short walk today and came up with 6. 3 are off 2 of the best bucks that we had around this yr. The other set was chewed badly. I think he shed early.

20200303_170953.jpg

Took a drive tonight with the boys. Saw 135 deer and 3 bucks still with both sides. I would say 80%+ are have shed

Thanks. The second one I rehid so my son could find it after school yesterday. I didn't tape them yet but plan to. Squirrels got to both of them.

Nearly a week later I walk around and find two sheds..THEN check a cam and see two bucks yesterday still carrying. This is a crazy year...
DSC_2040.JPG

STC_0120.JPG

we were out saturday and saw a 2 year old buck carrying still... That's wild

We had a full rack and a half rack buck in the yard a week ago, but they have both dropped since. No signs of any still carrying locally. Let the searching ramp up - good excuse for “social distancing”.

I pulled 3 cams this weekend....only one showed any sign of antler drop!

Still holding as of 3-14

Attachments

• F67DD219-E87A-4228-8017-60B684798665.jpeg
    F67DD219-E87A-4228-8017-60B684798665.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 7
I saw one tonight still holding. A couple of sheds that I found this weekend were very fresh with blood still on them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We had a full rack and a half rack buck in the yard a week ago, but they have both dropped since. No signs of any still carrying locally. Let the searching ramp up - good excuse for “social distancing”.
Scratch my previous statement. Lol Had a group of bucks in the yard this morning and 3 of them were still holding full racks. Also checked cameras down at the farm and there’s a few still holding, at least as of earlier in the week. Definitely holding late this season, but years and years ago, I got picture on April 10 of one holding a full rack. Latest I’ve seen, but we might have some contestants this year.

:emoji_point_up: Same here. Been over two months since I've seen pictures or videos of a buck with antlers at our place further north...plenty of them w/out. Then the Cuddeback sends me this today:
StillHolding.jpg

I took my fifteen year old daught out yesterday afternoon/evening for some behind the wheel. I saw one buck that was still holding both sides. It looked to be his 2.5 year rack.

Reactions: DJN
seen a Y buck today with both sides on still,
getting pretty late to hold here?

but then again had snow last week, 70 degree's and then temps in the teens, all in a few days
so with weather so screwed up anymore, not surprising other things are as well!