Spraying sunflowers with Clethodim 2E

kauaihunta

Yearling... With promise
So I know you can spray sunflowers with Clethodim 2E but can you spray it on larger plants? Don't know if there is a certain stage you have to spray them in. I have about 2 acres planted in 30-inch rows with a lot of grass but have been unable to spray due to rain and time. I will still be able to use the tractor for another week or so before they get too tall. Will spraying these bigger plants hurt them in any way? Thanks

cleth kills grasses, I would spray away. or, test spray one and hang a ribbon on it and check in a week.

I’m with Mik, spray it.
The Dakota label can be found here and lists sunflowers. Any stage should be good. Label says not within 60 days of harvest. Also says adding AMS will improve grass kill.

Thanks fellas!!! Supposed to rain all week but Saturday looks like it’ll be a good day. I’ll mix it up and spray.

Quick question about mixing it. I’m reading the label and the way I’m understanding it is I mix the clethodim, crop oil, and the AMS. Is this correct or do I use one or the other?

Quick question about mixing it. I’m reading the label and the way I’m understanding it is I mix the clethodim, crop oil, and the AMS. Is this correct or do I use one or the other?

You can mix all three. Cleth and crop oil for sure. I've never used AMS in any of my spraying, but I understand how it can affect the final result.