All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sprayer

It's got a boom for foodplots, as well as an actual hose sprayer for my trees. I think it's a good deal, I'm just wondering what you all think.

Not sure about home-made sprayers. Kinda a pig in a poke....depending who built it. Myself....I would have a problem with a towed sprayer like that as my land is too rough.....and I like a sprayer that mounts on the rack of my 4-wheeler.

Lots of guys buy the FIMCO ATV sprayers (12 Volt Pump) and those can have a boom and a hose / gun. I doubt if a new one would cost $100 more. That's the direction I'd take.

Also, have heard some good reports on some sprayers by Northern Tool.

images-5.jpeg ^ Like this. Get the "big" 12 volt pump.

Not sure about home-made sprayers. Kinda a pig in a poke....depending who built it. Myself....I would have a problem with a towed sprayer like that as my land is too rough.....and I like a sprayer that mounts on the rack of my 4-wheeler.

Lots of guys buy the FIMCO ATV sprayers (12 Volt Pump) and those can have a boom and a hose / gun. I doubt if a new one would cost $100 more. That's the direction I'd take.

Also, have heard some good reports on some sprayers by Northern Tool.

I was looking for a with a gas pump so that I can get enough height/pressure for my apple trees. I'll at least check this one out and feel out the guy and why he built it/is selling.

How high of trees do you have? :eek:

Northern tool has fruit tree sprayers for either a tow behind one to atv or utv models.

What is you're (all of you guys) reasoning for the 12V vs. gas?

Well, I ended up getting the gas one. Against the advice of the board (you guys) I decided that after seeing my neighbor's work for the last 25 years (well I've only seen it for the last 10ish), that it was a good deal. Hypro pump, 5.5hp briggs and stratton. Great nozzles and he included an extra 8 foot boom. 25 gallon tank.

The thing that convinced me was the A. the price was right (he's going to mail me some other nozzles that are usually $5 a piece) and more importantly B. My neighbor has almost the exact setup, so I have someone nearby that I can ask if something isn't working. I've still got a lot to learn :)