Sprayer for back of Polaris ranger

tbarile

5 year old buck +
I currently use a 15gallon fimco sprayer on my 4 wheeler for food plots. It typically requires multiple refills which takes extra time. Been looking for a larger one to put on the back of my ranger and came across a 25 gallon that is on a trailer. Anyone ever take the sprayer off the trailer on put in the back of a side by side? Any issues? Thanks

Yep, exactly what I did. Removed it from the trailer base, Mounted it to a board and then strap it down in the back box. Simple to do. Also added a homemade foamer…ugly but effective.

Yep, exactly what I did. Removed it from the trailer base, Mounted it to a board and then strap it down in the back box. Simple to do. Also added a homemade foamer…ugly but effective.

What is a foamer?

Foam marker…drops a foam ball every so many yards so you can see where you sprayed.

IMG_8989.jpeg

25 gal

I have used a 25 gal Fimco sprayer on the back of my Kawi ATV and Kawi Mule for years. No issues.

I currently use a 15gallon fimco sprayer on my 4 wheeler for food plots. It typically requires multiple refills which takes extra time. Been looking for a larger one to put on the back of my ranger and came across a 25 gallon that is on a trailer. Anyone ever take the sprayer off the trailer on put in the back of a side by side? Any issues? Thanks
You can certainly do this, but a tow behind sprayer expects it's boom to be at a certain height. When you put this is your Ranger, the boom will be much higher, and affect your coverage. I'd figure out a way to lower the boom. You'll probably need some hose to reach from the tank to the boom, as well as a way to mount the boom lower.

Hey, whatever works! Way to be inventive.

I have a 50 and a 25 in My 500.I use for burning also,usually the 50 for that.I made an L shaped square tubing that goes in my receiver and comes up about 3ft and has a boomless tip

You could also have a tow behind tank to transfer from, if you got a old small trailer. 55 gal drum or two. No reason you couldn't make base for a 55 gal drum tilted down a bit and use that in the bed. they make smaller 30 gal drums too. Could even buy another 15 gal on sale and T them together. This way you got a spare pump too.

Heres a good photo of one used on a golf course for reference. Keeps you on track!
What is a foamer?

Attachments

• IMG-20151022-00087.jpg
    IMG-20151022-00087.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
Strapping it down is a good method for keeping in any box.
id make sure that the tank size isn't too big for the machine though. Example, a 50g cannot go on an ATV. But a UTV should be fine up to 100g.

You can certainly do this, but a tow behind sprayer expects it's boom to be at a certain height. When you put this is your Ranger, the boom will be much higher, and affect your coverage. I'd figure out a way to lower the boom. You'll probably need some hose to reach from the tank to the boom, as well as a way to mount the boom lower.
I use a trailer hitch boomless. Works great. Puts a correct height. About 100 bucks.

I use this one. But found rebranded at a much better price.

Eventually I put new higher gpm pump. Sprayer gun and hose. I find If you Teflon tape and reseal all hoses they work better. This is trailer hitch boomless I use.

I bought cheap ones till I said enough. I would rather have 1000 in one that works most every time than crossing my fingers on a 300 dollar rig.