Spraying big apple trees?

Maddog66

5 year old buck +
I’ve used my backpack sprayer without great success which leads to thinking of buying a fogger for spraying my mature trees.

But I’m cheap….and I started thinking about a way to not spend that money on a single-tasker.

I have about 30 mature trees up to about 25’ tall.

But if you held your gas blower in one hand and the sprayer wand in the other hand….and you released a mist of Bonide into the air stream, why wouldn’t that work to spray the tops of big fruit trees?

Last edited:
AM20240323_110343.jpg20240323_110451.jpg20240323_110416.jpg20240323_110349.jpg

Am leonard had this on sale withtheir 17% off ontop of it fir about 350. Cane in last week.

Give your experiment a shot. You may be able to get a sprayer adapter.

Blower has diffuser head for blower top outlet.

Buying a good respirator for it.

Perdonally, im cutting my trees where i can reach them with my 10 foot orchard ladder and 6ft pruner.

The wand on most tank sprayers should reach 25-30 feet pretty easy. That's what I do with my 25 gallon tank sprayer mounted on back of UTV

I drilled a hole in the tube of a gas blower and plumbed the sprayer tip into it. Worked pretty well but was tiring to carry both and control the blower with one hand. I ended up buying one similar to @bigboreblr. Nice for spraying bagworms too.

My sprayer reaches 25’ high too but the droplets are so big you need 4 gallons on each tree.

Gravel….nice idea. Did you get a good mist from that setup or was it still a stream?

I’ll probably end up buying a fogger in the end. But I’m really hoping for a battery powered one…..Stihl or Milwaukee.

Don’t want another tiny gas engine to care for.