All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

solar panels

wklman

5 year old buck +
Anybody use a solar panel with there trail cams? Any trouble with it? I'm 1800 miles from my property and get up to MN every 6 months or so and am wanting to get a cellular trail cam and hook a solar panel to it so I won't need to have anybody swap batteries out every month while I'm gone.

I use Buckeye cameras with their 12V sealed lead acid batteries and their solar panel. I have a few cameras that have been going for over 18 months.

Not sure how to adapt them to a different camera but I'm sure it can be done.

Thanks guys, I ordered a hco solar panel with a built in battery and a spartan cellular trail cam yesterday so I'll see how it works for me.

I have been running this solar panel:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunforce-5001...+charger&pebp=1421789688894&peasin=B001D6GYLO

With a 12V 9AH SLA on my Moultrie Pano 180 the every single day for the last 2 years and never had a single problem. (Those cameras eat batteries like they are going out of style too)

Total of $45 in the set up.