All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stealth Cam Sol-Pak Solar 3000 - dead

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
I have 2 of these and both died w/in the same month after a year. Cams were set on video so probably got my $'s worth, but 1 year is lame. I see they have a 5000 mAH now but ...no thanks.

Anyone revive one of these or have luck by changing the batteries? I probably won't bother even if you did but still curious.

I worry about all the other panels I also have out there. No more of these Stealth's, thankfully. A couple have been going for 2+ years....all the others I've gotten w/in the last year.

I have three running, no issues. One was converted to power a Cuddeback using a voltage regulator. One is a year old, two are about 8 months. No issues, never dropped even a bar on the battery level.
After making a few of my own solar batteries, I would not bother servicing any of these unless you are desperate and have the stuff already. There is no money to be saved.

I'm liking the ones I got from Herd360 & Amazon(X-Tracter..same product) - on a couple I have 2 non-cellular cams hooked up to them. One cam takes the 12v the other 6v.