Severe cold weather is coming

What are they eating, grass?

In the same boat John, woke up to find em in the backyard.

Guess they said F it, gunna eat an sleep where ever they want.

Edit: also not good, got home last night to find the furnace not working, got it going but it cut out again around 2am. -16 real at the moment, bit of a chill in the house.

20190131_082021.jpg

Last edited:
In the same boat John, woke up to find em in the backyard.

Guess they said F it, gunna eat an sleep where ever they want.

Edit: also not good, got home last night to find the furnace not working, got it going but it cut out again around 2am. -16 real at the moment, bit of a chill in the house.

View attachment 22606
Good luck getting and keeping that furnace going!

Man that was a nasty cold spell. My wife couldn't get to work Monday due to road conditions and whiteout. Wednesday morning couldn't get either vehicle started and water to tub/shower was froze, pipes are in uninsulated crawlspace.

About 3 pm SUV would finally start. Took all day to get pipes thawed, and cold line was busted. Left charger on SUV battery all night and it barely started this morning. Water pipe was busted between the tub and our outside faucet, so just cut after the tub and threw a sharkbite end cap on it. Will do the full fix once spring gets here.

We use a MrCool Ductless mini split heat/ac system for our main source of heat. When temps get down to about -15 it shuts down to protect the outdoor unit. We have a pellet stove to go with it as backup, but the house was about 56 degrees the last two mornings.

Did not really seem like I had the last 4 days off work. Lol

Here we go again!
E7F47785-E921-4068-825C-9716559DB8C2.jpeg

Low of 29 forecast for my locale in IL.

Saturday supposed to get possible 4-5" of snow and Saturday night here temp is supposed to drop to 26 F.

Welcome to April :emoji_fearful:

Lowest I see in forecast here is a 37 night temp with 60's during day through end of next week...but rain almost every day, we got drenched last night with 2.75" plenty wet here.

We are looking at 27 herein my neck of Pa. this sucks

Loads of rain here today with severe thunderstorms & tornado watches. It's gonna be much cooler than it was the last couple days.

It will be mid 20’s at my place but no worries. My trees haven’t begun to wake up yet. The beauty of Memorial Day Blossoms.

I just had a flippin heart attack, clicked on this post and it took me to a past page where they were taking double digit sub zero temps.. I knew snow was coming but saw that and just about died. :emoji_dizzy_face: Anyways here we go again with more !@@##'ing snow:emoji_rage:!!

I just had a flippin heart attack, clicked on this post and it took me to a past page where they were taking double digit sub zero temps.. I knew snow was coming but saw that and just about died. :emoji_dizzy_face: Anyways here we go again with more !@@##'ing snow:emoji_rage:!!
I did the same thing but it was page one lol.

I did the same thing but it was page one lol.
Count me in too!!

As I watch the snow come down this morning (temps in low 30s), I remind myself that a cool spring is less stressful than a warm one. Moderate temps this week should get my trees to the point where killing freezes to the blossoms should be pretty much past. I guess I am also looking for a silver lining to this miserable weather!

When I see a weather forecast like that at this time of year, I often refer to this webpage: https://www.canr.msu.edu/uploads/files/PictureTableofFruitFreezeDamageThresholds.pdf

Maybe I just enjoy looking at the photos though...

I save that picture so I have it one those Springtime late frosts.
Here's video I made that you might find interesting.

It dropped to 23 degrees here, but my most advanced tree was still in tight cluster so no harm done. 20190426_173045.jpg