Pod cast rant, smh

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm just late to the game.

When I first started listening to (hunting) podcasts it was great. Have a 20 min drive to the office and spend alot of time in the tractor. So anything other than the radio was a godsend.

But to me, lately, it just seems like one podcast host hosting another to pimp one or the others show or products.

I understand there is only so much to talk about but come on.

Anyone have any favorites I should be tuning into?

Top for me is
Wired TH
CTD with remi
Hunt talk with TP
Gun Dog with TP, going down hill
THP is ok but get bored

Still listen cause it's better than the radio. But fear its taking the same path.

Land and Legacy (my favorite)
Natural Resources University
Hunt The Land
Habitat Podcast
Chasing Giants (one host can get a little whiny)

Last edited:
LOL, likewise to both. Terry Peer gets to be a little much after a while..

I also like:

The Fall and anything Mark Drury is a guest appearance on..

I like a lot of different podcasts but most aren't specifically hunting related. I think any podcast that just talks about a single subject will get stale after a while. I do like the meat eater podcast but they have a wide variety of guests and sometimes veer off the outdoor subjects. .

Land and Legacy (my favorite)
Natural Resources University
Hunt The Land
Habitat Podcast

I’ll second Land & Legacy, maybe the best in terms of Habitat.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm just late to the game.

When I first started listening to (hunting) podcasts it was great. Have a 20 min drive to the office and spend alot of time in the tractor. So anything other than the radio was a godsend.

But to me, lately, it just seems like one podcast host hosting another to pimp one or the others show or products.

I understand there is only so much to talk about but come on.

Anyone have any favorites I should be tuning into?

Top for me is
Wired TH
CTD with remi
Hunt talk with TP
Gun Dog with TP, going down hill
THP is ok but get bored

Still listen cause it's better than the radio. But fear its taking the same path.

What is the CTD, TP, TP and THP that you mentioned?

^^
CTD - Cutting the distance with remi Warren. Quality content. Short and to the point.

TP - Hunt for real with Tony Peterson, probably my favorite.
Again Tony Peterson, more or less bird dog stuff

THP The hunting Public

Kifarucast stuff at the start was good.

Don Higgens chasing giants is ok if that is your thing.

I have always been a fan of Podcasts with a similar drive and radio (today's music) sucks (probably contributes to why people are confused on what gender they are) so I took to it pretty quickly but like you said, the hunting ones aren't very good. Granted there isn't much you can talk about hunting wise as it is more of a visual sport. I didn't know which ones are good for habitat management until I looked at the ones mentioned above.
The only one I listen to regularly is the Daily Show (Ben Shapiro) but will definitely look into the suggestions above.

Meateater is probably my most regular. I do some true crime podcasts too. Casefile is good.

But then I get burnt on them and go back to my audible app. I love my books on tape.

Deer wise MSU Deer Lab is never bad IMO, more of a science discussion but in normal tongue. Bronson and Steve are two of my favorites to consume. Craig Harper is another....honestly seeking out the Craig Harper episode on Wired to Hunt is worth selecting and listening even if you don't listen to the rest.

Habitat Podcast is not bad...they're getting a little much caught up in the sponsorship game, but normal dudes having a WIDE range of guests talking deer and their properties from Don Higgins to folks you have never heard of that have seen success on their personal ground.

Chasing Giants is excellent discussions, they do go political some and religious as well, but it is always awesome to hear thoughts of a serial Booner killer in Don.

Craig Harper is another....honestly seeking out the Craig Harper episode on Wired to Hunt is worth selecting and listening even if you don't listen to the rest.
Anything Craig Harper puts out is gold. But, I'm almost like a Craig Harper stalker. I search periodically for anything by him just in case I've missed something. What I like about him is he is science based, but also a get in the dirt and see what works kind of guy. He was just on the most recent Fire University podcast (part of the Natural Resources University podcast network) a couple of days ago.

LOL, likewise to both. Terry Peer gets to be a little much after a while..
Yeah, I probably should have clarified. I do like the guys and do like what they say. Terry just comes off a little holier than thou sometimes. But, I don't think he really means too. He's a good guy it seems. A lot of people get irked by Don Higgins, but you have to give him credit. Putting multiple 200+ bucks on the ground on your own smallish property does tend to give you some street cred. Lots of ways to skin a cat (or manage for mature bucks), and he is proving that his is one of the ways to do it.

Know Don and Terry well. Very good guys, and very opinionated LOL :)

Let the record show Don has not killed all his 200inchers on his farm. Many would be amazed to learn where he has shot some of his booners...shoot the Joey buck this year was yet again another knock on the door small property permission success stories. I think I am tore up for deer hunting and chasing big bucks....Don is literally on a level I didn't even know could exist.

Chasing Giants is excellent discussions, they do go political some and religious as well, but it is always awesome to hear thoughts of a serial Booner killer in Don.

Agreed, I just wish Terry would let Don do more talking. I'm much more interested in what Don has to say given his experience..

Anything Craig Harper puts out is gold. But, I'm almost like a Craig Harper stalker. I search periodically for anything by him just in case I've missed something. What I like about him is he is science based, but also a get in the dirt and see what works kind of guy. He was just on the most recent Fire University podcast (part of the Natural Resources University podcast network) a couple of days ago.

Yeah, I probably should have clarified. I do like the guys and do like what they say. Terry just comes off a little holier than thou sometimes. But, I don't think he really means too. He's a good guy it seems. A lot of people get irked by Don Higgins, but you have to give him credit. Putting multiple 200+ bucks on the ground on your own smallish property does tend to give you some street cred. Lots of ways to skin a cat (or manage for mature bucks), and he is proving that his is one of the ways to do it.

agree about craig harper

He is also very accessible and answers all questions via e mail promptly

He is a "southern" Paul Knox

bill

Of all the guys I want to sit and talk with I would take Craig over anyone. He IS the Mount Rushmore of habitat for me.

lol I do the exact same thing with Craig. His speech about the correlation (or lack there of) between soil quality and antler size was the best presentation on habitat I’ve ever seen. I love when science disproves commonly held beliefs.

Podcasts for me is sleep therapy. Guess my ADD requires pictures of some sort moving or still. Podcast is like buying Playboy for the articles{so I’ve heard}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry isn't Don but
Podcasts for me is sleep therapy. Guess my ADD requires pictures of some sort moving or still. Podcast is like buying Playboy for the articles{so I’ve heard}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly you listen to terrible podcasts.