All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please identify

tbarile

5 year old buck +
I planted white clover with my brassica plot last fall. I just checked the plot and I have a lot of this plant growing with the clover. Hoping it’s purple top turnips but I don’t see any bulbs. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• EA29AC41-3388-43E2-AA29-F397F26AA361.jpeg
    EA29AC41-3388-43E2-AA29-F397F26AA361.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 37
I’m gonna say you have a good crop of dock. Possibly bitter dock. 2-4db should help take it out of your clover, but would kill your brassicas. All depends on what you’re trying to do with the plot.

C4F96A24-6149-47D1-AE4E-4CD84C4DF19B.png

Wouldn’t the 24d kill the clover growing with it?

2-4db. Butyrac. Different.

If the picture is representative of the field, this is a good case for using a herbicide. It is a single non-beneficial weed that is dominating the field. This is a different case than the typical mix of weeds in clover where the plotter wants a monoculture of clover.

There is a lot of clover but that weed appears to be trying to take over. I plan to rotate it back to brassica after next year.

There is a lot of clover but that weed appears to be trying to take over. I plan to rotate it back to brassica after next year.
I wouldn’t say trying…. Sorry just sayin!!