Pear tree sources

I planted about 20 apple and pear trees this spring. All my mail order bear root trees including quite a few from Turkey Creek have done very well the three potted trees I got from Homedepot died so I hope you saved the receipt. I already ordered 14 more fruit trees from Turkey Creek for next springs planting and 30 chestnuts from WLG.

I planted them a month and a half ago, them and a bunch of apples from rural king and Tsc and they are doing well so far (fingers crossed). I did keep all my receipt.

I just got on Stark Brothers and ordered a couple Franklin Cider apple trees more $ than I like to pay for most trees but they where in stock and I’d like to try them. I did the same with Gurney last year to get some Sundance trees to try. Glad I did pretty impressed with the Sundance growth.

I’ve bought a few from starks. they have all done well but they are smaller then ones from other places and tend to be more expensive.

I planted them a month and a half ago, them and a bunch of apples from rural king and Tsc and they are doing well so far (fingers crossed). I did keep all my receipt.
What type of apple trees did your Tsc have in stock ? . I'll check mine in the spring, hope they have Yates, Enterprise and Liberty...

about 4 different varieties. I don’t remember which ones. Next time I go out, I’ll take a look. Good varieties though. one was a honey crisp, and got some really good honey crisps from rural king. Tall and thick.

You could try Wallace Woodstock nursery. Have asians and others planted about 6 years ago and doing well.

I second Wallace Woodstock. I received some great pear and apple/crabapples. Usually very large trees.

I've ordered pear trees from The Wildlife Group and Century Farms Orchard last year. The last week I could get them delivered from TWG was late March. They arrived leafed out and on the small side. I think I lost 1 or 2 with most doing OK. That Fall, I ordered from CFO and they arrived dormant and in great shape. I've been more pleased with the CFO trees, but I'd order from TWG if I really wanted a particular cultivar.
How do your trees from Century farm Orchids rate ? . Do you remember if they charge a lot for shipping ?

How do your trees from Century farm Orchids rate ? . Do you remember if they charge a lot for shipping ?
White Oak - I just ordered from Century Farm Orchards this fall for the first time. Have 20 apple trees coming and shipping was $39.

Anybody know where I could order some Nova Easygro apple trees they seem like white unicorns. I would of thought with their disease resistance they’d be more popular. I’d even settle for some scion wood.

Anybody know where I could order some Nova Easygro apple trees they seem like white unicorns. I would of thought with their disease resistance they’d be more popular. I’d even settle for some scion wood.
Looks like St. Lawrence Nursery offered them last year. They'll start taking spring orders next month. Burnt Ridge also has them, but on B9 rootstock.

Nice thanks I even ordered from St Lawrence last year and didn’t think of them. I really prefer standard trees anyway I have great distain for dwarf size trees for my purposes.

White Oak - I just ordered from Century Farm Orchards this fall for the first time. Have 20 apple trees coming and shipping was $39.
Thanks DJN , that's not bad at all, especially for 20 trees . Century Farm is sold out of everything I was interested in. I just saw a article about Vintage Virginia Apples in Game & Fish magazine....about a hour and 15 minutes from me. I Might have to check them out

A new to me nursery I tried and liked last year and have a spring order with.
One Green World out of Portland Oregon
They have some very interesting and odd varieties of fruit trees and some really interesting shrubs. Great customer service too.
They don’t use lot of full size rootstocks though. Semi Dwarf or M7 was as big as I could get with a few I wanted to try out.

The apple trees I bought from them last year did great.

I have also bought multiple times from;
Cummins
NWC
WG
BlueHill
ColdStream Farm
Raintree
With no complaints at all.

Stark has been very inconsistent on their trees and customer service for me over the years, I won’t ever buy from them again.

I ordered 6 apple trees and 7 pear trees from Century Farm Orchards. The shipping was $40 (October 2019). There are quantity discounts based on the number of trees you buy. I paid $21/tree.

I ordered 6 apple trees and 7 pear trees from Century Farm Orchards. The shipping was $40 (October 2019). There are quantity discounts based on the number of trees you buy. I paid $21/tree.
Were you happy with the trees you received, BlueKY? All reviews I found were positive. And at 20 trees, I was down to $16/tree.

Were you happy with the trees you received, BlueKY? All reviews I found were positive. And at 20 trees, I was down to $16/tree.

Yes, I was very happy with the trees. David, the owner, was great to bounce questions off and get his opinions on trees. These were shipped in late October and already dormant which leads me to believe he had them in cold storage.

I ordered from The Wildlife Group earlier that year (Spring) and the trees were generally smaller and came leafed out. There was a hard freeze shortly after planting from TWG, so I lost a couple. I might have to regraft one next Spring too since the rootstock took over from the grafted area...not sure if the graft will still survive after I cut the rootstock sprout back. I'd still order from them if I needed certain varieties, but I'd pick another nursery if they had the same varieties.

The video isn't too riveting, but it will give you an idea on the size of trees I got.

Yes, I was very happy with the trees. David, the owner, was great to bounce questions off and get his opinions on trees. These were shipped in late October and already dormant which leads me to believe he had them in cold storage.

I ordered from The Wildlife Group earlier that year (Spring) and the trees were generally smaller and came leafed out. There was a hard freeze shortly after planting from TWG, so I lost a couple. I might have to regraft one next Spring too since the rootstock took over from the grafted area...not sure if the graft will still survive after I cut the rootstock sprout back. I'd still order from them if I needed certain varieties, but I'd pick another nursery if they had the same varieties.

The video isn't too riveting, but it will give you an idea on the size of trees I got.
Awesome! Those look great. Thanks for the feedback