Opened the Mailbox and got a Big GRIN

THEIR HERE, THEIR HERE!!!! The mail lady just dropped off my apple scions. I only ordred a couple just to test the system this year. I will be ready when next ordering season comes! I ordered half a dz pears so I am more anxious for them.

I feel your pain Buckvelvet :confused:. I farted around on this site for months until I finally got comfortable with it. Try this link: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/tax_site_acc.pl?GEN Malus domestica
This is a list of 1380 apple varieties :eek: now as an example I clicked on number 18 Akero and got this link: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/display.pl?1543278
On this page I could order this variety by clicking on Request this Germplasm and it will take you here: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/request.pl?action=add&acid=1543278
on this page you will see a line saying: Complete the germplasm request and order the material Clicking on this will take you to the order form where you fill out your name and address and reason for wanting the scion.
Hope all these links work for you and help you understand how to order scionwood.
This site is definitely not user friendly for the "average Joe", but it is an incredible source of scionwood. Just keep farting around with it and you'll figure it out........honest:). And keep asking for help if you need it.

Rick

Lol what the heck did you guys do for organization and what research are you conducting? :)

X-2 with Leexray. Apple pretender. What does the Caribbean have that we don't have besides sun, warmth, beautiful ocean, food & drink prepared for us, etc., etc. Come on - get back here into the snow & cold with the rest of us he-men !!o_O:confused::D
Am here with 700 farmers who are on a trip with Becks Hybrids and I didn't even know they would be here. Those farmers can drink and eat and are the nicest coolest people I ever met. Still drinking and hoping it's not too warm at my post office

org is first name last name inc. or for you buckvelvet orchards. and reasearch is to find late hanging crabs for deer and other wildlife

Money in the bank, mine showed up. The site sucks but I'm not complaining.

? On storage. They say you shouldn't store scions in the frig where apples were stored. I had a couple apples in my frig a month ago, is that fine? I can keep apples out for now

That's fine dipper. You just don't want the scions in the frig at the same time as apples (I thought I had read any fruit, but I may be wrong) due to the ethylene gas.
:eek: I might have to compromise the beer frig!

This is my list. I even got some rootstock, I'm thinking graft this year, and bury the graft next year. In a few years I'll propagate my own rootstock via stooling.
My list is more later season apples, maybe not all of them are. I can't really remember why I picked everyone. My brain was kinda spinning at the time. It was on Apple overload.
32AA581A-B6BD-487D-AF36-F043EE7C258E.jpg

org is first name last name inc. or for you buckvelvet orchards. and reasearch is to find late hanging crabs for deer and other wildlife
Quality Habitat Management Group and for the same reason.

That's fine dipper. You just don't want the scions in the frig at the same time as apples (I thought I had read any fruit, but I may be wrong) due to the ethylene gas.
I don't have a beer fridge.... I know times are tough.

If they arrive, what if I vacuum pack them and keep them in the fridge with apples and other fruit?

im not sure vacum sealing is the best, I hunch is they need to breath, other fruits are fine just not apples

Thanks, Lee.

What I'm super interested in is the seeds from each individual state. It's not apples, but to get 100 free seeds from counties surrounding my property seems like a pretty darn good deal to me!

I went with a CAR test in high density Cedar Flat areas. Curious did anyone get any pear scions? I hate that website!

They have root stock available too? Crap people, how the hell do you find this stuff on there? LOL!

They just told me that as you guys mentioned 1/10 is the deadline for winter scions. They offered to send me summer bud wood in August but idk what that is? Or how to graft that sort?

they dont send rootstock, they will send you a scion of rootstock though, dosnt help you much cause you would just have to buy a rootstock to put the rootstock on o_O. for the summer bud wood look up t-budding that is what you would use it for

Looks like i'll be a t budding fool, lol. :)

im going to try it for the first time this year, looks very easy from what I have been told/reading