One day every three years my place looks like y’all’s!

I’ve said it many times. Y’all northern boys just must be tougher than me. I hunted in woods yesterday in the 20’s and thought I would lose a finger.
Yeah, but in the summer when I am borderline having a heat stroke, you are probably out there in long sleeves not even breaking a sweat! 😂

Yeah, but in the summer when I am borderline having a heat stroke, you are probably out there in long sleeves not even breaking a sweat! 😂
Truth. You can swim in the humidity!

I’ve said it many times. Y’all northern boys just must be tougher than me. I hunted in woods yesterday in the 20’s and thought I would lose a finger.
Don't fear it, embrace it. I did well over 100 miles on a snowmobile the last two days with 18" of snow on the ground, below zero air temp and -30 wind chills.

Don't fear it, embrace it. I did well over 100 miles on a snowmobile the last two days with 18" of snow on the ground, below zero air temp and -30 wind chills.
Everything is shutdown in S Louisiana. Schools/universities closed, I-10 interstate, everything. We can't deal with it down here, especially with the high humidity😁

How do y'all in the north deal with freezing weather with water pipes and such? Down here, when it is supposed to get below freezing, we wrap outside faucets, let sinks trickle water, and open cabinet doors under sinks. But, that's only for a day or so, then we're back to shorts and t-shirts. Do y'all do that for days or months at a time?

How you liking the new farm Dawg?
Man I never even hunted it! I sat in the box stand that was there with my buddy and his son around Christmas and saw some bucks, including a nice mid 130’s 9 point. But it has all the ingredients. Of the places I can hunt I think this could be the one to potentially hold a booner. The problem is I don’t have the time and probably the money to do what needs to be done this year to make it what I want. But such is life right!

Deer are finally hitting the beans at one of my properties now that the snow and cold came. 15 (1).jpeg9 (1).jpeg

At least seven different bucks in there the other evening, not bad for 1.5 acres. Probably be a few sheds in there if this weather holds up.

Deer are finally hitting the beans at one of my properties now that the snow and cold came. View attachment 61657View attachment 61658

At least seven different bucks in there the other evening, not bad for 1.5 acres. Probably be a few sheds in there if this weather holds up.
They some big boys Brian.

How do y'all in the north deal with freezing weather with water pipes and such? Down here, when it is supposed to get below freezing, we wrap outside faucets, let sinks trickle water, and open cabinet doors under sinks. But, that's only for a day or so, then we're back to shorts and t-shirts. Do y'all do that for days or months at a time?
We don't do any of that. Outside water lines are buried at 6' depth, all outside hydrants or spigots are designed frost proof.
I don't know why you are opening cabinet doors, houses must be designed differently.

We don't do any of that. Outside water lines are buried at 6' depth, all outside hydrants or spigots are designed frost proof.
I don't know why you are opening cabinet doors, houses must be designed differently.
I'd assume they have less insulation in the exterior walls and are trying to let heat in the cabinets?

I'd assume they have less insulation in the exterior walls and are trying to let heat in the cabinets?
Must be built different. Pipes will burst here if it gets below 20

Must be built different. Pipes will burst here if it gets below 20
Shoot...Got to 4° today, warmest it's been in 5 days. Been 20 to 30 below wind chills for lows this whole time, think the lowest I saw was -12° actual temp. Most years we see -25 to -30° actual temp. Only real problem I get at my house is my septic vent will sometimes freeze up and I'll have to crawl on the roof with some warm water.