Northern whitetail crabs

Robert799

A good 3 year old buck
I have been on their website and sent an email... anybody know if they are still open and willl be accepting orders for spring 2019?

I left an email last week with no reply. They’re a small operation so hopefully just down for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left an email last week with no reply. They’re a small operation so hopefully just down for the holidays.

Same here.

Ok thanks guys.

I called their phone number & left a message asking whether they'll have the same fruit trees again this spring. I'm awaiting a call back. NWC is about 1 1/2 hours from me. As soon as I get a call back - I'll post the info here, unless one of you guys get an e-mail first and post.

I believe they don’t update their site until after the first of the year usually.

Wonder if they'd wanna honor those early email "reservations"?

IIRC it took them a few weeks last year to reply to me, and in that time I purchased other trees and got spent out. Hoping to nab a few of theirs this year.

I just now got a return phone call from Northern Whitetail Crabs. Their computer system has been giving them fits so that's why guys can't seem to touch base that way. They told me they'll gladly take orders by phone. Their phone number is (570) - 452 - 4589. The guy I talked to said they've been real busy doing the tree work and all that needs done for the business, and they plan on growing more trees to expand their inventory for 2020.

So call them by phone if you want to order trees for this spring.

I called them a few weeks ago and left a message. They returned my call about a week later and said they had all of their whitetail selection apples and crabs available except for crossbow for this spring. I still haven't been able to talk to them and get anything ordered though.

I called them a few weeks ago and left a message. They returned my call about a week later and said they had all of their whitetail selection apples and crabs available except for crossbow for this spring. I still haven't been able to talk to them and get anything ordered though.

I just called using the number above and placed my order. Very pleasant experience. They are out of the “Cross bow’ selection. Thanks everyone !!

Terry called me today also. Nice guy. Ordered 8 Droptines and 30-06. He was busy logging red and chestnut oak today.

I've had nothing but good experiences with NWC. I think they are a smaller nursery that got overwhelmed originally at the interest in their wildlife crabs and apples and it took them a couple years to adjust.
I've put in all of their crabs and a few of the apples, my best producer so far would be the DropTine but all of them have grown very well for me. I've got maybe twenty plus of their trees out some first planted a few years ago that are over 12' tall now, none of them have been babied at all.

I ordered another dozen over the phone yesterday. They don’t start shipping until April 2019.

Last edited:
Anybody planted their trees in zone 3a? If so, how'd they do?

No experience with z3, but ordered a few an he thought I was pushing 4b.

NWC. What selection of theirs drops the most consistently in the month of November? Also, how much are the shipping costs?

Last edited:
No experience with z3, but ordered a few an he thought I was pushing 4b.

I feel NORTHERN in the name is a misnomer.

Has anyone looked at dolgo seedlings for northern areas?

NWC. What selection of theirs drops the most consistently in the month of November? Also, how much are the shipping costs?

The 30-06 and droptine are their workhorse crabs for mid-late hunting seasons. Mine have only been in the ground one season. They grew incredibly well this year but it will be a few years before I can give you first hand drop time experience. I did pinch an apple off a 30-06 crab 2 months after planting.

Pictures of 30-06 crab two months after planting and a bare root picture day of planting from another NWC tree.

fe61fe51a941df4aec64f1573a4e50c6.jpg

56dd0da419087759484c7180b2e418cd.jpg

Last edited: