All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Muzzleloader -- Opinions

Another vote for CVA Accura. I've had mine for quite a few years but never killed a deer with it as it was always used in late season and I would be picky. This year I wanted meat and dropped 3 does in short order. The gun is very accurate and easy to clean - I use Blackhorn 209 powder.

Any TC Encore with a MGM/ASG 45 barrel. Smokeless. Clean when you want. Kill anything at 300+

Or go big Remington or Savage action Brux barrel ASG ignition. 500+

I'm shooting a 360gr bullet at 2750fps
11moa drop at 500

This posting is very timely. Allot of western states will not allow you to shoot a Smokeless Muzzleloader. I currently have a Savage model 10 smokeless muzzleloader I can't use out west. Draw odds for muzzy are often much better then rifle when applying in quality units. It's nice to have options when applying.

I'm in the market for a long range muzzleloader that is still black powder. What have you guys used/heard are good choices?

Thanks much!

The best part of a smokeless gun is that you can shoot BH209 in those states.

The best part of a smokeless gun is that you can shoot BH209 in those states.
Ha, I figured they would not allow models that shoot smokeless. Good news, I don't need to buy a new muzzy.

Thanks!

Ha, I figured they would not allow models that shoot smokeless. Good news, I don't need to buy a new muzzy.

Thanks!

So to be clear. You can NOT shoot smokeless powder from a black powder rifle. At All. Ever.

You can shoot BH209 from a rifle built for smokeless powder.

This posting is very timely. Allot of western states will not allow you to shoot a Smokeless Muzzleloader. I currently have a Savage model 10 smokeless muzzleloader I can't use out west. Draw odds for muzzy are often much better then rifle when applying in quality units. It's nice to have options when applying.

I'm in the market for a long range muzzleloader that is still black powder. What have you guys used/heard are good choices?

Thanks much!

Couldn't you just use black powder in the savage?

Thanks much!

Couldn't you just use black powder in the savage?
It would be a pita to clean but yes you can

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk