New Muzzleloader -- Opinions

Another vote for CVA Accura. I've had mine for quite a few years but never killed a deer with it as it was always used in late season and I would be picky. This year I wanted meat and dropped 3 does in short order. The gun is very accurate and easy to clean - I use Blackhorn 209 powder.

Any TC Encore with a MGM/ASG 45 barrel. Smokeless. Clean when you want. Kill anything at 300+

Or go big Remington or Savage action Brux barrel ASG ignition. 500+

I'm shooting a 360gr bullet at 2750fps
11moa drop at 500

This posting is very timely. Allot of western states will not allow you to shoot a Smokeless Muzzleloader. I currently have a Savage model 10 smokeless muzzleloader I can't use out west. Draw odds for muzzy are often much better then rifle when applying in quality units. It's nice to have options when applying.

I'm in the market for a long range muzzleloader that is still black powder. What have you guys used/heard are good choices?

Thanks much!

The best part of a smokeless gun is that you can shoot BH209 in those states.

The best part of a smokeless gun is that you can shoot BH209 in those states.
Ha, I figured they would not allow models that shoot smokeless. Good news, I don't need to buy a new muzzy.

Thanks!

Ha, I figured they would not allow models that shoot smokeless. Good news, I don't need to buy a new muzzy.

Thanks!

So to be clear. You can NOT shoot smokeless powder from a black powder rifle. At All. Ever.

You can shoot BH209 from a rifle built for smokeless powder.

This posting is very timely. Allot of western states will not allow you to shoot a Smokeless Muzzleloader. I currently have a Savage model 10 smokeless muzzleloader I can't use out west. Draw odds for muzzy are often much better then rifle when applying in quality units. It's nice to have options when applying.

I'm in the market for a long range muzzleloader that is still black powder. What have you guys used/heard are good choices?

Thanks much!

Couldn't you just use black powder in the savage?

Thanks much!

Couldn't you just use black powder in the savage?
It would be a pita to clean but yes you can

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk