New members/users?

Bill

Administrator
I’m curious and confused?

We’ve had 100’s of new users sign up in the last month. Not earth shattering as we accept new users all the time but there has been a flurry of new sign ups.

Yet none of them post anything or ask any questions. You guys must be intimidating :emoji_smile:

Hey new guy, why not say hello?

Or new Gal. Sorry

Hmmm, wonder if it is bot accounts if no one is posting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, wonder if it is bot accounts if no one is posting...

Possible, but I approve every user “after” they passed the Captcha verification.. and I’m not easy ;).

They must be here to read the Cuddelink system! Or threads about cwd.

Cuddelink/trail cam discussions is what lead me here. I have not delved into everything on the site, but there are some additional things that have caught my attention. I have directed a lot of friends/coworkers contemplating the investment in Cuddeback cameras here, because ultimately the thread here is what finally made me take the leap. Thanks.

Bill

Forms like this and others have become/are becoming a target of foreign influence,.. political influence,.. in particular to the run up to 2020.

I used to run a forum Bill,.. take a look at the IP addresses used by the new users, (also examine the clock times). Then run the IP's through a site that will tell you the country of origin.

Although any good influence campaign will originate from within the target country so this may give you little.

I know how I am voting in this upcoming election,.. and I know how Russia is voting,. I am just not sure how China, Iran and North Korea are voting?
LOLOLOL

Bill

Forms like this and others have become/are becoming a target of foreign influence,.. political influence,.. in particular to the run up to 2020.

I am fairly active on Reddit and this is definitely a thing. It is honestly scary how good the bots are these days. With that said, I also found this forum because of the cuddeback thread. This is my current favorite place on the internet and probably check it 3-4 times a day now. I'll try and participate more when and where I can ;)

Hoyt,.. I don't own a Cuddleback but have been reading some of the stuff there.

They aught to put a link to those threads in every cam sold,.. and Pay Bill the Admin,.. a fee! LOLOLOL

Bill

I used to run a forum Bill,.. take a look at the IP addresses used by the new users, (also examine the clock times). Then run the IP's through a site that will tell you the country of origin.

Although any good influence campaign will originate from within the target country so this may give you little.

I know how I am voting in this upcoming election,.. and I know how Russia is voting,. I am just not sure how China, Iran and North Korea are voting?
LOLOLOL

I’m scrutinize them pretty good. Can’t catch them all but try. That’s why I put up the thread at the top of the general discussion for those who get rejected to email if it they felt it was in error.

I reject more than are accepted. Haven’t received an email to date..

I’m curious and confused?

We’ve had 100’s of new users sign up in the last month. Not earth shattering as we accept new users all the time but there has been a flurry of new sign ups.

Yet none of them post anything or ask any questions. You guys must be intimidating :emoji_smile:

Hey new guy, why not say hello?

Probably lots of Millennials looking for that BOB mix, or that perfect red clover ... or why am I not seeing deer?

Or they have come on here and learned there was effort & hard work involved ... a blister is a scary thing!

They must be here to read the Cuddelink system! Or threads about cwd.

Cuddelink/trail cam discussions is what lead me here. I have not delved into everything on the site, but there are some additional things that have caught my attention. I have directed a lot of friends/coworkers contemplating the investment in Cuddeback cameras here, because ultimately the thread here is what finally made me take the leap. Thanks.

Same here. Joined a couple months ago.

I came for the Cuddelink System thread mainly as many others. After thorough research any trail cam that has its own trouble shooting thread is not a camera for me. I do plan on sticking around and contributing in other habitat threads and hunting threads. Cabin fever is setting in and I’m sure an increase in threads will start stacking up as guys/gals are getting the itch to shed hunt and get back in the woods.

The fruit trees are what brought me in, the knowledge on planting stuff for wildlife on this site has saved me a ton of trial and error even though I'm stubborn and don't take good advice like I should. I've sure learned a lot here.

I’m here for food plots and fruit trees! Here nearly everyday since joining, but making good use of the search button, and trying not to ask questions that are already answered. Nearly through Dbltree/LC’s section. Already have lots of ideas and a rough plan for improvements around our farm. And I don’t own a Cuddeback (anymore). Haha

Maybe they are all coming for Cudilink advice in the game camera area or advice on how to run them

Possible, but I approve every user “after” they passed the Captcha verification.. and I’m not easy ;).

Captcha defeat is easy these days. There are tools for that.

I would suggest taking a look at email addresses and maybe even emailing a few and ask them a couple questions. See if or how they respond. Do they seem real to you?

I’m new, but I’ve posted a few times.
i came here for the Apple tree forum. It’s been my winter reading hobby.
ive been interesting in habitat for a few years now... just don’t have the land to practice on.

some forums can be intimidating. Like first time someone posts they are immediately scolded to use the search button.
this site seems like a nicer place though.

R
Captcha defeat is easy these days. There are tools for that.

I would suggest taking a look at email addresses and maybe even emailing a few and ask them a couple questions. See if or how they respond. Do they seem real to you?

Well I haven’t emailed anyone to ask what their about. Kinda seems off putting. But I do reject about 3 out every 4. Could make for some fun at some point. Pictures have a lot to do with it. None members can’t see full size pics.

I’m new, but I’ve posted a few times.
i came here for the Apple tree forum. It’s been my winter reading hobby.
ive been interesting in habitat for a few years now... just don’t have the land to practice on.

some forums can be intimidating. Like first time someone posts they are immediately scolded to use the search button.
this site seems like a nicer place though.

But for a few we’re not a scolding bunch. I hear you though. The guys that run the forums about the software we use to run this forum drive me nuts. Zero help, they just tell me I should have searched..

Most of us are happy to repeat ourselves, different posters in a different place of the journey. If someone is too tired to help a new guy maybe it’s time they shut up.

Not that posting links to older material on the subject is a bad thing.

Said from a guy who’s first post on the old QDMA forums 15 years ago was met with a wrath of piss off and go search it...

These places should make it as easy to ask anything, If not why are we here?

R

Well I haven’t emailed anyone to ask what their about. Kinda seems off putting. But I do reject about 3 out every 4. Could make for some fun at some point. Pictures have a lot to do with it. None members can’t see full size pics.

Good point. Could explain why folks join and don't post but it doesn't explain the timing of the bunch lately.