All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New buck - age and score

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Haven't had anything over 130 on this place all year except for a double drop early on that just disappeared. Now this one shows up this morning while I'm hunting my other farm...lol. Would like your thoughts:

ipCqwW2.jpg

DJUCH73.jpg

Total guess but I want to see how close I am to what everyone else thinks. I'd say 140-150

I stink at guessing also, but I'll go 165" - that right side g'3 is a whopper and long beams.

4 plus, 156

4 yo, 157 nt score

He’ll break 160”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I had guessed 162 gross, so a lot of us are very close in our estimates. The face is very grey and battle scarred, so I’m guessing at least 5 yo.

Last edited:
If I was on stand doing quick calculations this would run through my head as fast as I could

Right
g1- 8”
G2- 6” =14
G3- 11” =25
G4- 8” =33
G5 just a tad in from the G4- 2” =35

Left
G1- 7” =42
G2-10” =52
G3- 10” = 62
G4-8” =70

Pretty symmetric 10 so in the field I add 90. Get’s me at 160 +/-5

Safety off….

Thanks guys. I had guessed 162 gross, so a lot of us are very close in our estimates. The face is ver grey and battle scarred, so I’m guessing at least 5 yo.

This is the fun time of the year. No matter what you have on your camera before the rut, something bigger from a neighbors property can wander right on in. Next 7-11 days are go time 😉

What a beauty. Love the way his rack tips in at the top.

At least 160

My guess would be 5yo+ and 160’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.5 yrs. 155"

He is fully mature for sure

Got a close up:
CTPAZi4.jpg

He's a great buck, and I couldn't pass him probably, but I believe that buck has the potential to be your next booner. I want to say 4.5.

He's a great buck, and I couldn't pass him probably, but I believe that buck has the potential to be your next booner. I want to say 4.5.

Thanks Ben. I know it's possible for a deer to gain some after 4.5, but in our area, I've also seen it not happen. I'm hoping my son can get a shot at him next Saturday morning on our gun opener. We are going to hunt together out of the blind, and I'm going to help him watch.

PS - I did recently get a blurry picture of the double drop tine deer that I posted in the spring of this year, so I know he is still alive. He didn't grow a lot after those early pictures, and we are going to let him walk this time. Hopefully he will be our next booner.

Looks good Native. I think 160ish 4 yr old as well. Thats gotta put a little "pep in your step", Good luck!