All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muzzleloader storage

This is interesting to me. I clean guns religiously, and got bit by my one experiment with bore butter. Must have been something else going on, just hard to believe powder residue all over my barrel after cleaning. Wasnt trying to slam bore butter, but i am scared of it after having good luck with regular CLP the last 8 years in my other muzzleloaders

I'll definitely take all this advice and apply it. I do love the gun, and don't mind a little extra work if I can fight off the rust issue that I caused with some poor move along the line. Taking the gun out a few times in the off season is probably something that I should get in a routine of doing. If its clean, it wont take more than a few minutes, so no problem. If its started to rust after a couple months, I may have saved myself some headache.

Thanks a bunch for the tips :)