MN regs are in stores

Jameson

5 year old buck +
I picked up a copy of the regs at the local Holiday. Didn't notice anything too exciting. Mostly a one deer state with the transition area being Hunter Choice and a few areas being Managed (two deer.) Only Intensive areas being that far SE tip, Duluth, and the Twin Cities.

Odd that they're in stores and not available online

emailed our czar asking whats up with that.

Ridiculous.

For some reason that has changed the last couple of years. Perhaps store owners or paying advertisers did some complaining??? Was nice when they came out online first week or so of July.

I have been waiting, thought they were going to get them out earlier this year

I picked up a copy of the regs at the local Holiday. Didn't notice anything too exciting. Mostly a one deer state with the transition area being Hunter Choice and a few areas being Managed (two deer.) Only Intensive areas being that far SE tip, Duluth, and the Twin Cities.

The problem is our one deer state is actually--As many deer as you can find tags-- with party hunting.

The problem is our one deer state is actually--As many deer as you can find tags-- with party hunting.

I'd prefer to keep party hunting, but limit all tags to a lottery system.

But yeah, right now we really don't have a one deer state. :( I hear too many stories of non-hunting wives getting a deer every year.

I agree, but that's an "us" problem. For whatever reason, it has become acceptable for guys to buy their non-hunting wives a tag, adults to fill youth tags, hunters heading home and leaving their tags on the table for the remaining hunters in camp to fill, etc. etc. Our DNR isn't going to stop that kind of stuff, because they can't. Only we can stop that kind of stuff.

If we don't arm the masses with the +/- of shooting adult does, excessive anterless harvest wont end here in MN. And why should it? If the DNR can manage for 500,000 deer, why would they want to house 1 million?

Its not just a MN problem. My uncle had the balls to call me last year from the woods to come tag his deer for him after he had already gotten 3 bow hunting and one opening weekend of gun season. Not sure who he got to come out but then he showed up at the 2nd weekend complaining he doesn't see the deer numbers he use too.

Anyone know how many doe permits they are allowing for 172??

^^^family or not, that guy would never hunt on a property I own.

He doesn't. He is that one uncle everyone seems to have. He stopped being part of the family tradition and went off on his own. Needs to show up every year to tell us all how great of a hunter he is.

be a good idea to ask Lelsie and make sure it makes sense.

He doesn't. He is that one uncle everyone seems to have. He stopped being part of the family tradition and went off on his own. Needs to show up every year to tell us all how great of a hunter he is.
Yup, I know that j*ckwagon as well!

Yup, I know that j*ckwagon as well!
My daughters have the same uncle as you guys. Are we related?;)

As PB said, everybody seems to have one in the family.:rolleyes:

1,000 antlerless permits for 172.

should mean about 2000 antlerless get shot in that area:confused: with youth, elderly, disabled, and bow tags.

What a pisser its not online..... I am very curious to see what it looks like.

I don't think they can stu they have to apply like everybody else right?

The DNR are mostly archers who have a bias and don't want to restrict themselves, maybe. Years back it was made so that muzzleloaders could do the same, shoot an antlerless statewide. Lou C. an avid muzzleloader was at the helm at the time. I tried to convince him it was a grave mistake in the farmland areas that are lottery every year. The muzzleloader permits only lasted one year, and many areas in the farmland went to youth-only antlerless areas the following year.

Archers can't shoot an antlerless in youth-only and bucks-only areas, but can in lottery areas. In the lottery areas without having to go through the lottery, their tag is automatically an either/or tag, not just a buck tag. Lottery areas are normally the tightest restrictions we see, but not this year or last year. Congrats MDDI!

1,000 antlerless permits for 172.

should mean about 2000 antlerless get shot in that area:confused: with youth, elderly, disabled, and bow tags.

1,000 F***##g permits?? Unbelievable!!! They actually had a chance to increase the herd, and they dont take it. 0-250 would have been acceptable.

SO do I email the people that made the recs or do I just leave it alone?? I dont have anything nice to say.

The DNR are mostly archers who have a bias and don't want to restrict themselves, maybe. !

I don't think Merchant,Leslie or Telander or Landwehr know how to shoot a bow. Cornicllie and Grund don't bow hunt in lottery areas.

Its likely on the books from the 1960's when there were so few bowhunters killing so few deer it did not matter.