Minneapolis burns

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Not sure if this is allowed, but it is the rest of the story you werent told.

Whoa, that ought to be an interesting watch.. Grew up in the MSP suburbs, haven't been to the city since before covid..

Not sure how I feel about Alpha news (the company behind this). The little i've seen on twitter a while back it seemed their focus was pointing out black crime and maybe not so much if white folks were doing it. It gave me pause in regard to what they share.

Whoa, that ought to be an interesting watch.. Grew up in the MSP suburbs, haven't been to the city since before covid..

Not sure how I feel about Alpha news (the company behind this). The little i've seen on twitter a while back it seemed their focus was pointing out black crime and maybe not so much if white folks were doing it. It gave me pause in regard to what they share.
Watch it.

They use all primary source material. Body cam footage you've never seen. Police radio recordings. Courtroom footage. The hennepin county coroners autopsy report. The interviews with the police that were at the riot and have since quit or retired are the best part.

I'd never set foot in those mega blue cities or counties ever again knowing that kind of crooked infrastructure is in place that could pull this off.

I've watched some of it. Quite damning so far!

I watched the whole video. What a travesty...and miscarriage of justice. Walz and Frey and the Chief should be prosecuted. They all threw Chavin under the bus. I've always felt that way. I would bet (hope) that those officers will get out as soon as their case is appealed. That city is a disgrace.....and remains so today.

When my wife was in Nurses School to be an RN we lived just a few blocks from the George Floyd scene at 28th and Chicago. Also when she had heart surgery(s) we spent some time in that same area directly after the George Floyd event......and then again two years later. The city gave the gangs and thugs and malcontents a license to do what ever they want.....such a shame. I do not think they will ever regain control if you do not support your law enforcement. Absolute travesty.

It's unbelievable what happened to those 4 officers. I hope they sue the city after their appeal is successful.

As a sequel they should cover the cases of Amir Locke and Kim Potter. So glad I switched career paths a couple years after skills. Minnesota is no place to be a peace officer. The law doesn't matter, just the politics of the moment.

It's unbelievable what happened to those 4 officers. I hope they sue the city after their appeal is successful.
I can honestly see their appeal being denied in MN, it’s going to then go to the Supreme Court, where the appeal will be upheld.

I can honestly see their appeal being denied in MN, it’s going to then go to the Supreme Court, where the appeal will be upheld.
Hard to beleive this actually happened in our court system......and in the city of Minneapolis/ Minnesota / USA. So poorly mishandled and the public was mislead. Our press is not even close to what it was.....and was largely complicit in this event too. Sad.

There was a hotel (Hilton I think) that was connected via skyway to the Abbott Northwestern / Heart Clinic complex a few blocks away. BLM took the hotel over....and it was used for homeless and the owner even let them self manage it for a while. Then is became a drug infested problem....and the Police would not deal with it. Then they knocked all the windows out and torched it. Still stands there and looks like hell now boarded up. I had planned to stay there when my wife had heart surgery (stayed in the area for weeks).....but the hotel was closed.

This never made the news....that I remember. Hospital employees told me of so many unreported incidents there with getting to and from work and I witnessed some of them too. The hospital had National Guard at the doors to secure the hospital for a time.

I was afraid to travel in the area at that time....and would go directly from hospital to hotel a mile away. I watched a few cars get detained by gangs (at the stop light) and demanded money from the driver.....I was able to avoid by a lane change and left turn. Not sure it's much better today?.... but the hospital is expanding and pouring millions of dollars into the expansion. Still lots of BLM signs in the 'hood.

There was a hotel (Hilton I think) that was connected via skyway to the Abbott Northwestern / Heart Clinic complex a few blocks away. BLM took the hotel over....and it was used for homeless and the owner even let them self manage it for a while. Then is became a drug infested problem....and the Police would not deal with it. Then they knocked all the windows out and torched it. Still stands there and looks like hell now boarded up. I had planned to stay there when my wife had heart surgery (stayed in the area for weeks).....but the hotel was closed.

This never made the news....that I remember. Hospital employees told me of so many unreported incidents there with getting to and from work and I witnessed some of them too. The hospital had National Guard at the doors to secure the hospital for a time.

I was afraid to travel in the area at that time....and would go directly from hospital to hotel a mile away. I watched a few cars get detained by gangs (at the stop light) and demanded money from the driver.....I was able to avoid by a lane change and left turn. Not sure it's much better today?.... but the hospital is expanding and pouring millions of dollars into the expansion. Still lots of BLM signs in the 'hood.
The company I work for has done contract work for Allina for 23+ years. I have heard a few stories from my friends at ANW. Luckily, I work at the 3 Hospitals in the “North Region”. But I do help out at Abbott, Childrens, and United (st. Paul) every once in a while.
I worked down there several years ago when Allina bought the old Sears building and turned it into what they call Midtown. Us contractors had to park on the streets at 5AM and walk blocks in the dark, a few people had cars broke into, and were mugged.
and the Greenway…i wouldn’t even think of using those bike/walking paths in the dark.

Good watch and I agree everyone should take some time to watch it, or at least a portion of it.

I'm most the way through it. It seems legit and i have no doubt that those cops were railroaded. The documentary shows a whole other side of the story.
With that said, I'm always a little leary with these types of documentaries ever since I watched the Netflix documentary " making a murderer".
I fell for that doc hook line and sinker. Then I stumbled onto the podcast called "Rebutting a Murderer" by Dan O'Donnell. It was really eye opening to realize how badly I'd been mislead by the Netflix documentary.
I still say though, there was no chance those cops got a fair trial.

I'm most the way through it. It seems legit and i have no doubt that those cops were railroaded. The documentary shows a whole other side of the story.
With that said, I'm always a little leary with these types of documentaries ever since I watched the Netflix documentary " making a murderer".
I fell for that doc hook line and sinker. Then I stumbled onto the podcast called "Rebutting a Murderer" by Dan O'Donnell. It was really eye opening to realize how badly I'd been mislead by the Netflix documentary.
I still say though, there was no chance those cops got a fair trial.

Yeah, it’s not remotely objective. The producer and author of the book it’s based on is Bob Kroll’s wife. There are facts brought out that the media definitely tried to bury. It re-stoked a lot of anger towards how Frey, Walz, and biden handled it.

One thing that stuck out to me- they pointed out the time of a knee being on him being untrue or inaccurate, well how long was it then? How much if it was his knee on the neck vs the off like angle they said wasn’t allowed in trial because it seemed like it was definitely still on the neck for some time. It seems like he OD’d so that’s irrelevant but if you’re going to use it as an argument, let’s hear more detail.

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s not remotely objective. The producer and author of the book it’s based on is Bob Kroll’s wife. There are facts brought out that the media definitely tried to bury. It re-stoked a lot of anger towards how Frey, Walz, and biden handled it.

One thing that stuck out to me- they pointed out the time of a knee being on him being untrue or inaccurate, well how long was it then? How much if it was his knee on the neck vs the off like angle they said wasn’t allowed in trial because it seemed like it was definitely still on the neck for some time. It seems like he OD’d so that’s irrelevant but if you’re going to use it as an argument, let’s hear more detail.
Welllll….. the autopsy said no bruising on the neck, and no signs of asphyxiation. Did the knee touch the neck? Maybe, probably. Was significant pressure applied to the neck? Does not appear likely.

I do not understand how the police body camera footage could be withheld from the Jury.....and many other things that were inadmisable. Yet the cell phone footage from bystanders was allowed. First they require body cameras on the police and then wont let the jury see it. Does not make sense.