All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

Early teal and goose in Wisconsin.
e51dc7bc59ccc834b5b398dbc9b0b163.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Interesting morning. Had a coyote to chase a doe and fawn in a shooting lane, but too far away for me to shoot yote. Ten minutes later a young buck standing in the same spot eating tender stuff growing back from where I mowed. Also two more young bucks just devouring the tops of partridge pea. Does all around in every direction. A few days ago I saw two nice 140 class bucks from here - but not ones I would shoot this year.

PS - I’m not hunting my best bow spot today. I’m waiting for when the time and wind is right.

Deer in the pic is a mature 8 point but I’m not hunting him. He just worked a cedar where I shot my deer last year. 150 yds away right now.

IMG_3409.jpeg

Our bow season came in this morning. Must be a slow year - I’ve heard less than 50 gunshots by 6:30 AM
They're just sighting in their rifles, Native - no need to worry!! Sighting in at first - or last - light is just a coincidence for dozens of guys ............. 🙄😡

The wind has been almost non-existent the last 3 days here, the deer are moving around with the cooler temps, but I am not willing to get busted the 1st week of season. I havent seen a shooter in a few weeks now anyways. The "Home" buck is around, but he needs a couple more years to be a shooter.

The wind has been almost non-existent the last 3 days here, the deer are moving around with the cooler temps, but I am not willing to get busted the 1st week of season. I havent seen a shooter in a few weeks now anyways. The "Home" buck is around, but he needs a couple more years to be a shooter.
I’m saving my best place right now and only hunting where I can get in and out without being detected. Not a great chance for a shot at the present time but good intel for later.

^you guys saving your best spots for peak conditions are upper level. That belongs in a best tactics/practices thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for a while this morning. Just watched another fight. This one within xbow range. Buck fighting were 120ish or less. A bigger one left them a few minutes earlier. See fight in center of pic below.

IMG_3439.jpeg