Live from the stand thread

In my defense it was 90 degrees when I trimmed this tree.

Can’t believe I missed that stinking branch.

View attachment 38232
Don't feel too bad I had a buddy get in my stand to tell me what limbs to trim so I could shoot to the road. He said ok you're all good. I get in the stand the next time and there is a huge limb in my way. I was like wtf but then he is 6'4 and I'm 5'8. Perspective matters.....

What a great morning. Really wish I could've sat all day. Saw 4 buck and 6 doe. Naturally most of the action was behind me by another stand. First time I ever snort wheezed in a buck. I could see a deer walking about 80 yds away. Assumed he was a buck just from the way he was walking. So I grunted a few times at him and then snort wheezed and the brush started cracking and here he came. Stepped out where I could see him and it was a little dink 4 point. Thought you're going to get your butt kicked if you keep running in to snort wheezes. Even had a small 7 point and 2 doe walk by while my bow was on the ground.
South stand.jpg
This little guy strolled around me all morning
spike.jpg

My target buck at home gave me the slip yesterday so I’m changing it up and went to my river bottom farm.
Gorgeous conditions, 39 degrees, 50/50 sun/clouds, wind 3 mph out of WNW.
My hats off to Mother Nature for making such a beautiful afternoon!!6FB35B61-2FEF-4FEF-86D3-5D4A68AFD5FD.jpeg3EDDE4F4-6B35-42AC-9327-A9865F56A23C.jpegand found this new rub that wasn’t here 3 days ago, it’s a dandy so I snapped a pic quick for you guys while I was sneaking in here!

If you’re colorblind you won’t get humor.

Following a laser pointer.

Seriously boss, what made you try that! I can't believe how well that deer followed it, I would have guessed it would have freaked them out but seeing that I might have found my new deer "call" :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously boss, what made you try that! I can't believe how well that deer followed it, I would have guessed it would have freaked them out but seeing that I might have found my new deer "call" :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Hoytvectrix posted about using one to clear a field just after dark. After dark it’s a light saber.
So it was in my pocket. I just decided to play with a yearling.

I tried it on a mature buck. He wasn’t having any it! And did not see the humor in it.

C329D2AB-E3EF-4E7A-94CE-2C32D01BACD2.jpegI love a south anything wind. It lets me hit my favorite stand.

I have 3 arrows. 1 for a turkey, 1 for a yote and 1 for a buck.

I have no preference on the order.

That’s a beautiful looking spot Bill!

That’s a beautiful looking spot Bill!
I love this spot. They work that green path in the brush to this clover patch. Or they cross the clover patch from the timber and exit through the brush.

We’ve dumped some good ones here.

My turkeys just went by. 40 yards, I chose not to fling a bolt that far.
F4F5E9DD-0441-486E-8D88-E0CBF89FEB70.jpeg

F8D3401D-B6A2-4F0A-8E38-30A3B8C8DE3D.jpegRutcation has begun. Now till Sunday is pure bliss…I hope. In some woods off a plot. Not picturesque unless you like to look at trees. Had one of my big deer in the plot after dark last night. Let the fun begin

Not making it up. Just “ poorly “ hit a coyote at 60 yards. But he will expire.

1 arrow left. I said the order didn’t matter.
Next time put that final arrow into a doe if it comes to it. Legendary. I cracked a beer and was following the last hour. Thought it was going to be a Babe Ruth moment.

We’ll I used all 3 bolts. Not on a deer though. I was hoping for a trifecta :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like you hit the first Yote! You sir need more bullets :D not a bad thing, I smoked a Red Fox last weekend. I always have a ton of rabbits until the Foxes start showing up on my trailcams, then I see no rabbits. I told myself (at full draw because I usually practice stealth draw) *don't shoot, don't shoot, don't shoot* then I shot :( I was happy to take the toothy critter, I just didn't want to waste a $25 bullet on it. I have a critter arrow with a used broadhead but I mock drew with the Deer arrow because I wasn't going to shoot it lol