Live from the cell cam thread

Don't know how to feel about this buck. He is one of the most active bucks in our home farm. I think he is around 3.5. We now have four new groups of hunters in surrounding properties that are hunting land that didn't get hunted last year or any years prior. I used to be confident that a buck like this would make it through if we didn't take it. Now I am not so sure.

Attachments

• 8 (1).jpeg
    8 (1).jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 32
An hour after I left…. SMH
f53baa837b6095c3c230a244c486619c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how to feel about this buck. He is one of the most active bucks in our home farm. I think he is around 3.5. We now have four new groups of hunters in surrounding properties that are hunting land that didn't get hunted last year or any years prior. I used to be confident that a buck like this would make it through if we didn't take it. Now I am not so sure.

I would shoot that buck in a HEARTBEAT. In the area I grew up, a man would tell the story of this buck for the rest of his life. This would EASILY be the biggest buck I ever shot.

I’m not the best at this, but I see older than 3.5. Thick wrinkled neck, thick body overall. Face looks a little gray even though it isn’t the best look. Any history with him?

WGI_0398.JPGWGI_0302.JPG

I don't have my cell cam pics stored on the computer, wasn't sure how to post them, but have the same deer from my neighbors cam...

I’m not the best at this, but I see older than 3.5. Thick wrinkled neck, thick body overall. Face looks a little gray even though it isn’t the best look. Any history with him?

X2

Like I said in another aging thread, I have less and less confidence of aging bucks these days. We have zero history with him, but have seen him a bunch this year. Here he is a month ago.

Attachments

• 18.jpeg
    18.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 20
A nice buck with great potential. It’s always hard to say…a smart buck will likely make it through the season. Your place could become the sanctuary he is needing during season, or his rut behavior could put him on a plate. This is where having a coop is helpful. And while our county being added to the CWD zone has radically impacted management goals, at least we are talking about target goals and age structure among landowners.

Like I said in another aging thread, I have less and less confidence of aging bucks these days. We have zero history with him, but have seen him a bunch this year. Here he is a month ago.
Definitely bulked up some

Regardless of age I doubt anyone hunting within 10 miles of me is passing this guy. As @Ikeman said, the lucky hunter would instantly become a local legend 😁.
Screenshot_20231108-082212.png

We have been back into the 80’s this week.
84° yesterday, 83° Tuesday, 81° Monday….
So my cameras have gone dry.
All I have are the daily test pics and pigs.
25ebd5dacb6b1d13620af9e4989e794b.jpg

ac593d820ad4ed2c2135b91f27518a7d.jpg

Temps drop today, and winds turn back out of the north… so I am hiking 2 miles back onto a public piece that I haven’t hunted in years. Hopeful I stumble into the right spot.

First picture this year of a buck that was on camera on 2022 at the same location and same date.

1699530521157.jpeg

A new buck showed up last night heading into some freshly harvested corn. I went through previous year‘s pictures and don’t seem to have him on camera—although I am not as confident in my ability to say, “That’s Mr. Tall Tines from three years ago” as some of program personalities I follow seem To do. Nevertheless, he‘s a nice NW Missouri deer that I hope will return next year.

Last edited:
Damn that guy is a giant. Booner if you ask me.
He was on cam the next day too and then gone. Never have seen him before! I hate those hit and runs

Had a couple good ones out roaming all during the day today
View attachment 59393
Movement was really good yesterday despite the shitty wet weather. Saw a giant at 12:30 just down the road after I got mine.