Lime Question

Wow, lots of judgment on this thread! Glad I've never tilled dirt or added inputs to replace what I had depleted. :)

I'm more guilty of that than anyone. I'm paying the price! The hindsight is directed at all of us QDM folks. It is a different balance for a farmer extracting value from the land for his livelihood than it is for me trying to manage for wildlife. While there is a lot from a technique standpoint we can learn from the long farming history, wildlife management goals are different from farmers.

Humic booster...:emoji_thinking:...Seems like we are fixing something we broke....Perhaps if we just stop breaking it in the first place... Reminds me of the abuser nursing his girlfriend back to health after beating her up...

please find the time to watch/re-watch this entire video.

And this isn't just directed at Yoderjack. It just makes sense with what is quoted.

^^^^^Just listened to the whole vid while making supper.
Definitely fits right in to the turn the thread has taken, it’s a lot to think about. Thanks for sharing.

please find the time to watch/re-watch this entire video.

And this isn't just directed at Yoderjack. It just makes sense with what is quoted.

Every video by "Ray the Soil Guy" is worth watching!

........As is every video by Gabe Brown

bill

Perhaps if we just stop breaking it in the first place.

Changing the tax structure that broke it would devastate the farm industry in NJ. As I would never be able to afford my land without it, I am perfectly happy that they maintain that system and instead allow me to simply do what is required to fix my own soils. Soils that the prior owner and tenent farmer broke without even turning the soils.

Perhaps if we just stop breaking it in the first place.

Changing the tax structure that broke it would devastate the farm industry in NJ. As I would never be able to afford my land without it, I am perfectly happy that they maintain that system and instead allow me to simply do what is required to fix my own soils. Soils that the prior owner and tenent farmer broke without even turning the soils.

Please elaborate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please elaborate

NJ Farmland Tax Assessment program severally distortions the economics of general accepted farming practices, which make otherswise unprofitable operations very profitable. One of which is zero tillage, zero input farming of spontanous mostly native grasses and weeds (sorta funny to see the results of that practice described as “broken” soil.)

As a side effect, it also allows many habitat guys to afford prime hunting properties. Properties that they would otherwise never be able to afford if they had to pay standard municipal and state tax rates on uninhabitated land with virtually no corresponding use of municipal services.

https://www.state.nj.us/agriculture/divisions/anr/pdf/farmlandassessmentoverview.pdf

Last edited:
Everyone out east is over taxed.

Saw this over on the ag forum today. May interest some:

Sulfur.jpeg