know the regs...

kabic

5 year old buck +
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outd...uck-in-county-park-b99635772z1-362735011.html

The shooter violated many rules:

He hunted in a prohibited area.

He was not wearing blaze orange.

He was not wearing a backtag.

He shot an antlered deer during the statewide four-day antlerless-only hunt.

He discharged a crossbow in a prohibited area.

Could an adult hunter be so far out of touch with regulations to commit so many violations?

Or was it a calculated, illegal kill concerned only with getting a big set of antlers?

If he broke that many rules he deserves to have his hunting rights revoked for 3 years and needs to take a hunters ethics course to get them back. Ethics of course, are personal choices, but ones based on knowledge of the rules, which this guy either didn't take the time to learn or blatantly tossed aside to kill this deer. Either way, 3 year loss of hunting rights would be a fitting start to his punishment along with all other penalties maxed out. They need to use this guy as an example to others.

This is a rhetorical ?, as I'm sure the overwhelming majority here feel the same. How does one feel good about any deer they poached? I can understand why some poach deer for food. That makes sense to me. I guess I could even understand why someone would poach bucks to sell the racks (not agreeing with it, but I can understand the motivation...$$$$$). Why would anyone poach a buck to put on their wall, though?!?!?! If I ever did that, every time I saw it I would be reminded that I wasn't able to get it done on my on and had to cheat to get it, sucking any and all sense of accomplishment and pride from it.

I'm with ya Steve.
But I guess to the right screwed up individual they would see it as an accomplishment.
It's like stealing anything really. I get it if you're starving and it keeps you alive. Outside of that I don't get it.

He is not a hunter, he is a poacher ...

He's a poacher plain and simple. End of story.

He arrowed this deer in a county park in Wauwatosa, a suburb of Milwaukee ... he was caught because a park visitor took pictures of him ... a tough shot to take, it was 50 yards through the swing set :eek:

Here is the deer he poached ... he is now claiming that he did not know that he was in the wrong area to bow hunt! Then he claimed he was aiming at a doe?

He was 1 mile from the Milwaukee County Zoo, 0.6 miles from the Milwaukee county Hospital, multiple restuarants and business' around.

This is the animal he arrowed, every resident knew and was feeding this deer! Hunters should respond and demand this person be penalized to the full extent of DNR & other laws. Remember ... Soccer Moms are our biggest obstacle, stand up for hunting and show them we do not tolerate this stuff.

http://www.wauwatosa.net/index.aspx?NID=1173

wauwatosa deer.png

public flogging would solve a lot of issues in this case. 8 ft rattan stick and drop your drawers, problem solved. CRRRRRACK. After 20, he won't ever pick up a bow again.

Does anybody know if there is any land open to hunting remotely close to where he was?

Michigan i believe has a trophy penalty based on score. Wisconsin does not. Think he would have done this for a forkie?

No way he did this for any other reason than a trophy. Probably thought he could get away with it with all of the city slickers around :)

Does anybody know if there is any land open to hunting remotely close to where he was?

This is a high density urban area with a population of 50k. About the only real wooded area is along the Menomonee River parkway which is all county park. The Milwaukee County Park system strictly prohibits any firearm bow, all the way down to the BB gun level. You can even be fined for throwing a stone or possessing a slingshot. The jogging trails are all black top.

Great place in the summer to watch the sports bras jogging though :)

public flogging would solve a lot of issues in this case. 8 ft rattan stick and drop your drawers, problem solved. CRRRRRACK. After 20, he won't ever pick up a bow again.

...and a kick to the family jewels. Guy should lose his license forever. I'm sick of seeing d-bags like this only losing their hunting for a year.

Last edited:

HEHE I wish I could describe this PARK more than being in the city of Wauwatosa which is a city next to Milwaukee. I think the best way to describe it would be, You dress up in Camo, you grab your tree stand, you climb a tree, you sit and wait for a deer and shoot it, when you look to the left you see the Empire State Building, in the distance you see One World Center, and the smell of pastrami is the air. This guy basically said today I am sitting in Central Park and I am gonna shoot deer. That is how close it is to open hunting!!!

What would the police arrest him for. Discharge of weapon inside of city limits?

Michigan i believe has a trophy penalty based on score. Wisconsin does not. Think he would have done this for a forkie?

Ohio does as well. Bigger bucks mean bigger fines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my guess is yes.. This guy shot the deer about a half a mile away from the Milwaukee ZOO!!! I love hunters and I love hunting, but you would have to be braindead not to know that this is in the city limits. It would be like driving down your local mainstreet and seeing a guy in a climber on a light pole.