Lets discuss: How will hunting change in the future?

Wow this thread went everywhere.

I hear ya on the wake up calls. Sometimes they don't work. My wife and I were lucky it did with her son. He never did anything but lay around his fathers house and sponge. Dad kicked him out when he turned 18, somehow he graduated HS and ended up in an apartment over my garage. After 4 months of doing nothing but burning the bonge and sleeping all day we tossed him.

After a few weeks of sleeping in a car at a rest stop on the turnpike he changed his tune a bit. As far as I'm concerned he's still a dip$£it but he's held a job for the last 4 years.

Hopefully I have 50 years left of hunting. This year, and a few years to come, I will be shooting every antlered deer I see until we fill our tags. I am officially a habitat manager and not a quality deer manager.

I need the meat, sick of eating fish.

I need the meat, sick of eating fish.

I can't seem to catch a fish..

I would be very happy to hunt many days every year for the next 25 years and then to shoot a yearling buck near the end of the season. I like to eat quality venison and really have no need for an older buck. I would like to know there are a few around if someone else wants to shoot one.

But you never know what will happen when a buck walks by me.

It'd be interesting to try canning venison from an older deer. That process seems to work miracles with tough cuts of meat.

You cant tell an elder swamp buck from a fawn when you make jerky either. :)