I am afraid to ask or start but is anyone trading scions???

BV I can get you fameuse, Kingston black and pixie crunch

Goaaaaaallllllll ................ lol, I'd be forever in your debt dear sir.

They are great apples. Mine are all fruiting and the pixie crunch are perfect for kids who don't like a big apple but they are still sweet and juicy

If anybody has any crabapple scion theyd be willing to send me id very much appreciate it.
Looking for kerr, chestnut , or really any good deer crabs
Im just getting started grafting and with the whole apple thing so i dont have anything to trade but id be willing to pay shipping at the least

I may have a scion or two available from various PRI and Co-op apples. These are scab resistant apples from the PRI breeding program (Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois). I got scions from the USDA GRIN last spring. You can look them up on the USDA GRIN website http://www.ars-grin.gov/ by the name or PI number. The Co-op apples are advanced selections that were never released as a named variety. Notes on the Co-op apples can be found on Purdue's website https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/pri/

I'm not sure what I will actually have until I prune but there may be scions of the following:
PI 590198 Co-op 11
PI 589953 Co-op 17
PI 590208 Co-op 28
PI 590214 Co-op 34
PI 590216 Co-op 36
PI 590217 Co-op 37
PI 613941 Co-op 41
PI 589777 PRI 1918-1
PI 589830 PRI F2
PI 589786 PRI 77-1

I'll be pruning next weekend.

I won't know for sure until I get to the property, but as of now the list is:
Chestnut crab, Honeycrisp, Yates, Enterprise, liberty, goldrush, and an unknown variety planted by my grandpa.

I also have 4 wild trees on the property, one of which seems like the apple would be good for cider.

I know I chimed in for a few of you regarding some SLN crab varieties. I'll have to let you all know if they have anything of significant size for grafting. I planted them last year, so if they have any scion appropriate sized growth that isn't the central leader I'll get it for you.

I'm not looking for anything this year, just paying it forward!

I'll be pruning next weekend.

I won't know for sure until I get to the property, but as of now the list is:
Chestnut crab, Honeycrisp, Yates, Enterprise, liberty, goldrush, and an unknown variety planted by my grandpa.

I also have 4 wild trees on the property, one of which seems like the apple would be good for cider.

I know I chimed in for a few of you regarding some SLN crab varieties. I'll have to let you all know if they have anything of significant size for grafting. I planted them last year, so if they have any scion appropriate sized growth that isn't the central leader I'll get it for you.

I'm not looking for anything this year, just paying it forward!

Thank you Rally, at least let us pay you for the shipping for the scionwood.

I will be pruning here shortly and will keep whatever I prune that is viable wood. I didn't get my GRIN order in this year, so I'll be looking for some wood!

I am pruning tomorrow. If anyone is looking for something from me, please send me a message.

I am looking for olympic Korean giant pear scions, I have nothing to trade this year but would be glad to pay the postage.

thanks, Ben

I couldn't help myself yesterday while down at the farm and I ended up pruning my trees. Let me know if you need any of these! All of these scion come from either 3rd or 4th leaf trees from Cummins and Burnt Ridge besides the NW greening of which I got from Art 3 or so years ago at our grafting class. Frostbite is the only one I have had confirmed fruit from.

Frostbite
Pristine
Enterprise
NW Greening
Whitney Crab
NY 35 Bonkers
Arkansas Black

I am looking for olympic Korean giant pear scions, I have nothing to trade this year but would be glad to pay the postage.

thanks, Ben
I have Olympic aka Korean Giant in many places. If that is same for you I can send

Ok thank you, I'll send you a private message.
thanks.
Got your message and will send out this week. I am going up to my farm early this week

I couldn't help myself yesterday while down at the farm and I ended up pruning my trees. Let me know if you need any of these! All of these scion come from either 3rd or 4th leaf trees from Cummins and Burnt Ridge besides the NW greening of which I got from Art 3 or so years ago at our grafting class. Frostbite is the only one I have had confirmed fruit from.

Frostbite
Pristine
Enterprise
NW Greening
Whitney Crab
NY 35 Bonkers
Arkansas Black

What do you think of Frostbite fruit?

What do you think of Frostbite fruit?

Small. The ants love them at my farm. My tree has been an early producer on b118. Starting with year 3 it has produced a few fruit.

Frostbite has shown quite a bit of CAR for me. I have only had a few apples, but flavor has not impressed me...yet.

I pruned my orchard over the weekend and I was able to get several nice sticks of 1 year old wood from the following:

Enterprise
Liberty
Galarina
Gold Rush

If anyone is interested in any of these varieties please pm me.

Frostbite has shown quite a bit of CAR for me. I have only had a few apples, but flavor has not impressed me...yet.

Same here, mine is always loaded with CAR. Doesnt seem to impact the fruit though.

Scions, Free to a good home:
Hewe's crab
Gold rush
Ashmeads kernel
Dolgo
Jonagold
Golden russet
Arkansas black
Kingston black
Redfield
Ramsdell sweet