All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone planted anything yet?

I have winter rye planted in all of my food plots, but planted last fall. I also heavily planted clover in them food plots as well. I dont need to plant anything this spring, plots are covered until late June.

Planted 3 Mutsu apples and 1 Kieffer pear so far. I have 25 american plum coming April 1. Probably add about 25 norway spruce also. For food plots, planning to frost seed some clover/chicory soon but first I have to rake all the leaf litter off it. I oats to plant this spring. Second plot I think will be oats/buckwheat for the spring. Third plot needs to be cleared. I think I'll wait until the fall to plant that one.

With me changing leases, I will not be planting anything this spring. I have done what I can on my little property in Commerce GA, but nothing anywhere else. Heck, our fruit trees are already in full bloom.

Planted 2 acres of red clover the first weekend of this month to fill in and complement some crimson clover.

Frost seeded clover into 2 acres worth of Brassica plots, from last fall. Still -10 C, so some time before any dirt work gets done!