Free Hunting and Habitat Management Books

Natty Bumppo

5 year old buck +
I guess these fit under the Small Equipment section?

Got a few books I'd like to pass on to the next guy as a way of paying it forward for the many benefits and advice I get from the membership here. I'd like to pass these on to 4 different members. First "I'll Take It" gets it. I'll even cover shipping. Just shoot me your address in a PM and I'll get them out.

Here's what we've got:

1) Advanced Stand Hunting Strategies by Bartylla
2) Deer Management 101: Manage Your Way to Better Hunting by Dr. Woods
3) Big Buck Secrets by Bartylla
4) Bowhunting Tactics that Deliver Trophies by Bartylla

Dr. Woods' book is full of info...but it truly is almost meant for a college level textbook. You have got to be very serious about management on larger properties, IMHO, to really get anything from this one. He's a scientist. The book is full of science and science-speak. For my small 30 acres there was not much that was applicable at all.

IMG_3620[1].jpg

Dr. Woods' book has been claimed. The three Bartylla books are still available.

You are very generous. Thank you. Do you still have Steve's book on Advanced Stand Hunting Strategies?

#4 is gone.

#3 is gone.

Thanks for your generosity! Its people like you that make this forum so great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great thing to do Natty, thank you

Thanks for your generosity! Its people like you that make this forum so great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great thing to do Natty, thank you

Thanks Willy and Lee. I've gotten tons of good advice and suggestions over the years that have saved me time and/or money and have benefited my habitat management practices in ways that are hard to put a price tag on. Just a small way of saying thanks I guess.

What a great thing to do Natty.
Thanks.

Not saying the new owners have to do this. However, I used to be part of a group back before everybody became E-book fans, that did this very thing. Read the book, write a message in it (such as what you liked the most about the book), say it was available and send it on to the next guy that wanted it. I know the authors probably arent a big fan as it does cut into their income some, but was handy for most of us who dont necessarily want to keep every book they read.

Natty if you havent sent them yet I believe USPS has media rate and its pretty cheap to send a book that route.

Natty if you havent sent them yet I believe USPS has media rate and its pretty cheap to send a book that route.

Good idea Turkey Creek. Thanks.

I love your idea about writing a message in book before passing it on too.

Good for you. I have been doing something similar for a few years now. I decided that a book sitting around on a shelf was not doing anyone any good. Started sending them to friends I thought would be interested.

I have a free book to offer.
Managing Northern Forests for Wildlife by Gordon Gullion. Email turbosaab16@yahoo.com or PM.

Attachments

• 20180310_093904.jpg
    20180310_093904.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 26
Not saying the new owners have to do this. However, I used to be part of a group back before everybody became E-book fans, that did this very thing. Read the book, write a message in it (such as what you liked the most about the book), say it was available and send it on to the next guy that wanted it. I know the authors probably arent a big fan as it does cut into their income some, but was handy for most of us who dont necessarily want to keep every book they read.

Natty’s generosity is appreciated and I enjoyed the read. I will do the same and send the copy along to someone else. PM me if you want to read “Advanced Stand Hunting Strategies” by Steve Bartylla