All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food plots are worthless for hunting

I’m such a sportsball fan too...
Man, when Tom Brady kicked that home run at the World Cup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like pancakes.

I’m such a sportsball fan too...
Man, when Tom Brady kicked that home run at the World Cup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Sounds like my daughter. I found a $2 clearance barbie for her for Vday. It was a tennis player. My girl says "hey daddy look she's holding a baseball racket."

Clearly you aren’t. No other reason to go ballsdeep in fandom unless you blindly follow Ohio. But I’m away on a fishing trip so the real facts of the entire series willl have to wait. Anyone can skew the facts of the entire history of a series to support their argument. Google the history of the series and you won’t have to show the entire free world of how narrow minded you really are.

This is totally off the reservation, but I can't resist.

Yes, I know....when discussing Ohio State, Michigan fans find solace by returning to a time before Wilbur and Orville Wright first took flight.

Since Jim Harbaugh: Ohio State leads the series 4-0
Since Urban Meyer: Ohio State leads the series 7-0
This century: Ohio State leads the series 16-3
Since Bo Schembechler retired: Ohio State leads the series 18-10-1
Last 50 years: Ohio State leads the series 27-21-2
Last 75 years: Ohio State leads the series 40-32-3
Since Fielding Yost: Ohio State leads the series 48-40-4
Last 100 years: Ohio State leads the series 51-45-4
Since the first Big Ten conference game between both programs in 1918: Ohio State leads the series 51-46-4
Since both schools first played each other in 1897: Michigan leads the series 58-51-6

Yes, over 100 years ago Fielding Yost ripped off 9 straight wins against Ohio State. Michigan also started playing the game about a decade before the Buckeyes. At the current pace (Michigan losing every year), the all-time series record will flip in 8 years.

An 18 year-old high school football recruit today has seen Michigan lose to Ohio State 89% of the time. A high school senior has to remember back to Obama's first term to recall the last time Michigan won. Call me narrow-minded if it helps, but I love it!!!

I’m definitely not closing this thread . Hunting is a sport. Beyond that I don’t do sports. Ok well, I fish kinda.
If you guys want to go at it on a habitat site about rich guys running on a field with beer commercials, I’m all in. :emoji_wink:

But don’t ask me to take sides. I don’t even know who’s being argued about.
I’m just curious to know why you lma
I’m definitely not closing this thread . Hunting is a sport. Beyond that I don’t do sports. Ok well, I fish kinda.
If you guys want to go at it on a habitat site about rich guys running on a field with beer commercials, I’m all in. :emoji_wink:

But don’t ask me to take sides. I don’t even know who’s being argued about.

Without malice, I’m just curious to know what factors, if any, go into a decision to lock or eliminate a thread?

Without malice, I’m just curious to know what factors, if any, go into a decision to lock or eliminate a thread?

That's a good question that doesn't have good "easy" answer.
I guess I let things slide a bit when a couple guys just take shots at each other and it blows over. When there's visible on going malice it's easy to make the judgement.

Not the best part of being a volunteer.

I guess I let things slide a bit when a couple guys just take shots at each other and it blows over. When there's visible on going malice it's easy to make the judgement.

You do a good job, common sense goes a long way.

Kudos and thanks to you for your contributions and moderation. It is amazing to me how civil and respectful most of the posts and responses are, most always and most all of the time. I do think, lately, several have gone beyond what imposed or self imposed stands are present here. See “Forum Rules.” I wonder if it discourages the lurkers from contributing. I understand to write is to bleed and to write for public consumption means to open oneself to the mercilessness of some. So, I’m torn. Just my single cent. And I know only two well the joys of volunteering. Thanks for what you do!

Too... it's "I only know too well'. Not the number two. :)

I'm joking of course due to the irony of bleeding from the written word and leaving yourself vulnerable to criticism.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Too... it's "I only know too well'. Not the number two. :)

I'm joking of course due to the irony of bleeding from the written word and leaving yourself vulnerable to criticism.

The irony of a well read man ...

This kind of feels like a classic thread from the old QDMA forum where somebody would post a valid thread, agree with it or not, and it would go decently for a while...until Duffy showed up and began spouting off at the mouth, beating is chest, and calling people names and the thread would just go on for 14 pages of nonsense and hyperbole after that.

Penn State, home of the Pedophile! Go Boilers.
Hey....We're past all that...the sanctions are off for the most part...the only lasting penalty was that they had to turn the statue of JoePa the other direction so it is looking the other way! :emoji_grin:

Penn State, home of the Pedophile! Go Boilers.
Hey....We're past all that...the sanctions are off for the most part...the only lasting penalty was that they had to turn the statue of JoePa the other direction so it is looking the other way! :emoji_grin:
Hahahahaha. Looking the other way! That is soooooo distasteful... good job!

Here is an expanded view. There are just a few places to the south where deer come out of the clear cut and head up through our land. I would estimate that 75-80% of all movement that we see goes from south to north in the afternoon and and north to south in the morning. It is rare to see deer moving east to west other than the NW corner. We have some nice sidewalks cut on the property that the does really like to use. Some of them look like cattle paths. 3 of the 4 buck movements I saw this year were right where I envisioned they would be when we did sidewalks and other chainsaw work.
Capture 22.PNG

Yes, I know....when discussing Ohio State, Michigan fans find solace by returning to a time before Wilbur and Orville Wright first took flight.

Since the first Big Ten conference game between both programs in 1918: Ohio State leads the series 51-46-4
Since both schools first played each other in 1897: Michigan leads the series 58-51-6

Yes, over 100 years ago Fielding Yost ripped off 9 straight wins against Ohio State. Michigan also started playing the game about a decade before the Buckeyes. At the current pace (Michigan losing every year), the all-time series record will flip in 8 years.

An 18 year-old high school football recruit today has seen Michigan lose to Ohio State 89% of the time. A high school senior has to remember back to Obama's first term to recall the last time Michigan won. Call me narrow-minded if it helps, but I love it!!!

oh yeah?!?!.......

Urban Meyer uses tree tubes..........

bill

Here is an expanded view. There are just a few places to the south where deer come out of the clear cut and head up through our land. I would estimate that 75-80% of all movement that we see goes from south to north in the afternoon and and north to south in the morning. It is rare to see deer moving east to west other than the NW corner. We have some nice sidewalks cut on the property that the does really like to use. Some of them look like cattle paths. 3 of the 4 buck movements I saw this year were right where I envisioned they would be when we did sidewalks and other chainsaw work.
View attachment 22862

Running out the door but had to chime in before leaving.

If that were my 40 the only plot or maybe two plots would be close to road on the N. The deer are obviously crossing the road in the evening to feed. I think you’re on to something in this situation. Right now your plots are distributing deer movement all over the place and I would think making it hard to hunt without alerting deer to your presence.

Morning hunting must be almost impossible to do without bumping deer that are headed back to bed.

Something tells me you would have better man hours spent funneling movement where you want the deer and where you can access stands easily and quietly.

First thing I would do is find the trees and features you want stands at and work towards putting the movement there.

Last edited:

Sigh........

Omit what you must if it makes you look or feel better. You display incredible knowledge of how the search function on google works. Just incredible. You sir shall be praised for that feat. Just curious though you didn’t mention many of those google stats that favored Michigan. Why? For instance you left out who has most program wins, best winning percentage, most big ten titles, most national titles, and the list continuous but I digress.

I never made this a OSU v Michigan thing mostly because I don’t really care. The Big 10 is almost completely irrelevant in college football. The big 10 champion was left on the sidelines this year. They are light years behind the best teams in the country. I knew going into that game Michigan had no chance. If either team was in the CFP they were beat by 30+. The big 10 is terrible and there is no denying that. However my point was Meyer is a POS. Again facts you can’t deny. OSU fans will be up in arms when he takes a position at another school in 9 months.

I am going back to habitat discussions I enjoy them quite a bit more than this nonsense. So save us both and refrain from another google supported tirade.

Where are you parking and how are you accessing your stands? I can’t imagine getting more then 10 sits in before the deer have your end game figured out.

Sigh........

Omit what you must if it makes you look or feel better. You display incredible knowledge of how the search function on google works. Just incredible. You sir shall be praised for that feat. Just curious though you didn’t mention many of those google stats that favored Michigan. Why? For instance you left out who has most program wins, best winning percentage, most big ten titles, most national titles, and the list continuous but I digress.

I never made this a OSU v Michigan thing mostly because I don’t really care. The Big 10 is almost completely irrelevant in college football. The big 10 champion was left on the sidelines this year. They are light years behind the best teams in the country. I knew going into that game Michigan had no chance. If either team was in the CFP they were beat by 30+. The big 10 is terrible and there is no denying that. However my point was Meyer is a POS. Again facts you can’t deny. OSU fans will be up in arms when he takes a position at another school in 9 months.

I am going back to habitat discussions I enjoy them quite a bit more than this nonsense. So save us both and refrain from another google supported tirade.

From your previous post: "Google the history of the series and you won’t have to show the entire free world of how narrow minded you really are."

:emoji_wink: