Food plots are worthless for hunting

So you are saying I am the GOAT of deer hunting/management? I'll take that...

Well, no not you. Maybe you are,,,? I just don't know your situation. You might be the Kirk Cousins of management?

GOAT? Well no one has thrown more picks than Farvre. Eli won't catch him even if the Giants give him a couple more pity years.

Spoken like a true buckeye lol

It's ok, If I had the pleated khaki wearer running my school, i'd feel inferior too...

It's ok, If I had the pleated khaki wearer running my school, i'd feel inferior too...
Ah that Urban guy such an ethical role model. He is one of the biggest scum bags in college football. Sign me up for Khakis any day.

Urban Meyer 7-0 against Michigan and 4-0 against Harbaugh.

Ouch!!!

Harbaugh is worthless for beating Ohio State.

Urban Meyer 7-0 against Michigan and 4-0 against Harbaugh.

Ouch!!!

Harbaugh is worthless for beating Ohio State.
That doesn’t make him any less of a scumbag. You may suffer from the same God complex as him. Atta boy!

That doesn’t make him any less of a scumbag. You may suffer from the same God complex as him. Atta boy!

I’m not an Urban Meyer, Ohio State or Big 10+4 fan. But, I dislike Michigan most of all and love seeing them lose the games that really matter (Ohio State and Notre Dame).

I think you should run an ethics test on Buckeye fans. Make an “Urban Meyer is a scumbag” sign and walk up and down North High St in Columbus late tonight when the bars are in full swing. Report back on your findings. Lol.

Here we go........

lemme grab a beer........

friday night fights.........

bill

I agree with Nova (post #109) and Cavey (post #113). If your area has the need for better amounts of food, plant the plots.

I'm not in the tundra of Minn. or Wisc., but once the cold weather hits, the woods area around our camp is devoid of food. Most of the mountains we're situated in are mature hardwoods with very little browse available at ground level. Once the acorns are eaten by an array of critters, or have rotted, our food plots are the grocery store. We feel if the plots help the deer get through the winter in good shape, it can only improve the hunting. It's not a guarantee of a wall-hanger, but if the deer know they can easily find chow around our place - year-round - the odds go up.

But as Cavey said, we do it because we like to plant plots. If all it does is keep a healthy herd with good fawning success & plumps up a few bucks, we're OK with that. Each fall we go hunting - not "guaranteeing". Besides ………… we have a hell of a lot of fun doing it !!!

I have shot 3 mature bucks in the last 7 years of planting plots. All 3 on kill plots less than 1/2 acre. I think the key is putting them in the most secluded areas possible. Screens have also been huge in keeping deer calm and daylight activity. I look forward to planting season as much as hunting season.

I may do a small radish plot. Deer wise I havent seen much food plot usage by deer. Planting milo/millet for the birds is a different story.

I’m not an Urban Meyer, Ohio State or Big 10+4 fan. But, I dislike Michigan most of all and love seeing them lose the games that really matter (Ohio State and Notre Dame).

I think you should run an ethics test on Buckeye fans. Make an “Urban Meyer is a scumbag” sign and walk up and down North High St in Columbus late tonight when the bars are in full swing. Report back on your findings. Lol.
Clearly you aren’t. No other reason to go ballsdeep in fandom unless you blindly follow Ohio. But I’m away on a fishing trip so the real facts of the entire series willl have to wait. Anyone can skew the facts of the entire history of a series to support their argument. Google the history of the series and you won’t have to show the entire free world of how narrow minded you really are.

I’m definitely not closing this thread . Hunting is a sport. Beyond that I don’t do sports. Ok well, I fish kinda.
If you guys want to go at it on a habitat site about rich guys running on a field with beer commercials, I’m all in. :emoji_wink:

But don’t ask me to take sides. I don’t even know who’s being argued about.

March.......April...
It’s almost time to leave the cabin.

I’m definitely not closing this thread . Hunting is a sport. Beyond that I don’t do sports. Ok well, I fish kinda.
If you guys want to go at it on a habitat site about rich guys running on a field with beer commercials, I’m all in. :emoji_wink:

But don’t ask me to take sides. I don’t even know who’s being argued about.

I haven't seen such grousing since the Big10 joined Penn State. :emoji_grin:

Penn State, home of the Pedophile! Go Boilers.